Associate Director, Product Management, Upper Funnel Experiences & Major Shopping Holidays
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
As the Associate Director of Product Management for Upper Funnel Experiences, you will lead a team responsible for the top-most pages in our core funnel (think homepage, category pages, etc), tasked with welcoming our customers into our sites, orienting them and getting them to the next step in their journey successfully. Youll join us as we transform, enhance and streamline our platforms and youll work to understand with new depth the purposes these experiences serve in our customers shopping journeys and the relationships our customers build with us, to lead us to offer our customers the best possible experience for them. This is a pivotal time: we are leaning into the scalability of our platform and our strategy for serving content across our sites, building the capabilities to support enhanced personalization and automation and refining our playbook for offering our customers exactly what they need to shop. You will have the opportunity to guide the strategy and the future of our upper funnel experiences in close partnership with senior business leaders in Brand Development, Promotions, Site Merchandising, Category Management, SEO/Marketing and across our consumer Product team, ultimately defining, driving and evangelizing that vision. Youll also be the Storefront Product lead for our Major Shopping Holidays, including Way Day, Save Big Give Back and Cyber 5.
What You'll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of the role our upper funnel experiences serve for our users and our business
- Define, evangelize and drive the vision for these experiences, using all relevant inputs available to you and bringing all partners along
- Serve as the Product lead for Major Shopping Holidays, representing Storefront and working with leads from across the company to make our biggest days a success
- Build high-trust and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and partners, including senior leaders, across the company
- Partner closely with the Storefront Content Platforms team to ensure the successful re-platforming of the experiences in your portfolio, unlocking the capabilities required to realize the vision
- Empower, lead and develop two Product Managers and lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers and analysts, delivering strong outcomes while operating in the Learning Zone
What Youll Need
- 8+ years experience in product management (preferably including B2C)
- 3+ years of experience managing one or more PMs
- Solid customer-orientation and empathy
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level, as well as with cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights as well as bringing together qualitative, competitive, and other information to inform product direction
- Comfort with technical concepts and the ability to actively participate in technical discussion, identify requirements and ask questions to ensure the right outcomes
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to hone in on where best to focus the teams effort (e.g. ability and interest in prioritizing ruthlessly)
- Dedication to team building and talent development, ensuring your direct reports and associated scrum teams are operating in the Learning Zone and offering the tailored coaching and support your reports need to enable growth
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.