Associate Director of Product Management, International Expansion
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
Were tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
As the leader of our International expansion team, youre responsible for bringing Wayfairs suite of customer-facing websites and Apps to new markets and optimizing the experience for each non-U.S. market so we deliver the best possible experience. Our existing businesses in Canada, the U.K., and Germany are already among the fastest growing at Wayfair but theres still tons of opportunity ahead and leaders across the company will be looking to you to set a product strategy that helps further accelerate our growth. At the same time, youll work with teams across Wayfair to successfully launch in several new countries over the next 1-2 years by creating the playbook and leading execution. Youll wear many hats, building relationships across the entire organization in order to effectively drive nuance and impact on top of a global platform which means every day will be different.
What Youll Do
Lead the charge bringing Wayfair, Joss & Main, Birch Lane, Perigold, and AllModern to new countries. In this role, you'll be responsible for launching our website and native Apps in multiple new markets over the next couple of years while developing a deep understanding of each market so we can appropriately tailor the experience to meet geo-specific customer needs and expectations.
- Partner closely with engineering and product partners across the organization to ensure our tech platform is being built in a way that makes it easy to enter new countries and tailor the experience to meet the nuanced needs + expectations of those customer segments
- Quickly learn how our target international markets differ from the core U.S. business, becoming the go-to expert and chief customer advocate for our international customers
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives and transform that knowledge into website + app enhancements and new features across all our international businesses
- Break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and ensure those interests are represented amongst all product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required
What Youll Need
- Experience driving large projects across a large, complex organization
- Track record building experiences that effectively solve a customer pain point and yield significant business impact
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Experience managing a team
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.