Why You Should Join the Procurement Team at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is seeking a Category Manager that will join the Procurement Team to help develop a world-class procurement operation. This highly impactful role will work cross-functionally with IT, Legal, and InfoSec to support and optimize the strategic sourcing process, evaluate vendor integration and expansion projects, and develop cost management techniques. Your strategy, processes, and negotiation skills will ensure functional leaders are equipped with the knowledge to execute their purchasing needs and secure the best possible terms for Klaviyo. This is a high visibility role that directly impacts our cash flow and profitability.
The Category Manager will be part of the Finance Organization and report directly to the Manger of Procurement. This is an incredibly exciting time for our team, as Klaviyo continues to tackle new challenges in a fast-paced, growing environment. Come join us and help shape how our organization thinks about procurement.
How You Will Make A Difference
- Develop 1-2 year strategic category plans for business operations
- Work directly with business unit leaders to drive execution of category strategies, continuous improvement, and spend optimization.
- Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and other category managers to drive synergies across multiple categories to optimize total spend, enable supply chain value and savings for the business.
- Work across multiple Klaviyo departments to enable optimum value.
- Perform spend analysis by category, supplier, and commodity area, and leverage findings to drive category strategies.
- Develop a sufficient understanding of category business users and business models to effectively represent Klaviyo in the market.
- Perform market research of relevant business models, suppliers, products, and services.
- Develop annual sourcing and category initiatives that drive synergies and maximum supply chain value across multiple categories.
- Develop, lead, and guide sourcing and negotiation strategies that enable maximum benefit.
- Lead category initiatives and contract negotiations for top tier supplier relationships and sourcing initiatives.
- Influence and support continuous improvement Sourcing & Procurement standard practices.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of progressive responsibilities in a procurement org (SaaS or technology industry preferred).
- Experience contracting with SaaS technology vendors, professional services vendors, marketing contracts or similar.
- Ability to influence and partner with business colleagues throughout the organization.
- Experience in solving multiple and complex challenges through critical thinking and cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Breaks down large, complex, ambiguous goals into manageable pieces for the business.
- Extremely organized with good project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail, can learn quickly and understand big picture concepts.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.