Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2020, MineralTree is a disruptive Fintech enabling over 2,000 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature and always put the team above the individual. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies.
MineralTree is located just down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, and our office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line. Our team currently has the option to work remotely due to COVID-19 and return to the office with a flexible schedule when it is safe to do so.
We are searching for an ambitious and versatile Compliance Analyst who will be responsible for minimizing risk associated with MineralTree’s payment services and ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Payments, this strategically important role is a great opportunity to help drive the success of a fast-growing company in the hot fintech market.
- Implement our policies and procedures related to anti-money laundering (AML) and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) regulations
- Conduct due diligence and recommend appropriate risk-based business actions to be taken concerning customer onboarding
- Monitor our customers’ payment transactions, identifying and investigating suspicious activity
- Ensure MineralTree’s and our customers’ compliance with NACHA Rules for ACH transactions
- Respond to compliance-related requests from our independent auditors
- Reconcile payment accounts to minimize MineralTree’s risk exposure
- Keep abreast of relevant legal and regulatory matters affecting the compliance program
- Conduct initial and ongoing compliance training for all relevant employees, including senior management
- Critically evaluate the business processes related to the role, and suggest improvements where needed
- Communicate with customers and internal stakeholders as necessary to complete the above responsibilities
- Represent MineralTree in discussions with prospects and partners related to our compliance activities
- Perform other duties as required to support the safety and success of MineralTree’s payment services
- At least two years’ experience executing effective compliance programs
- Customer service orientation with strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Intrinsic motivation to deeply learn the “what” and the “why” of applicable rules and regulations, and to become an expert in your field
- Creativity in designing and leveraging efficient processes and technology in order to scale the function and keep pace with our growth
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Enterprise or operational risk management skills a plus
- Applicable professional certification (e.g., CAMS, AAP) a plus
- Interest in being a part of a fast-paced and growing culture
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee you will enjoy a competitive salary, bonus and benefits for your peace of mind, such as -- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical and dental insurance, vision, life, disability and more! You will save for retirement through our 401K and have the opportunity for growth with our tuition reimbursement. We also know that talented people tend to hang together, which is why we provide you with the opportunity to earn significant referral bonuses. With hard work comes the need for time off, so we provide unlimited vacation giving you the opportunity to recharge. These are just a few of the great benefits we offer. We look forward telling you more about all of the great benefits and perks here at MineralTree!
MineralTree is an equal opportunity employer. We support the principle of equality of treatment in employment, and are committed to having procedures to determine equal pay for all our employees that do not discriminate and are free from bias.