Video Content Shooter/Editor
EF Educational Tours
Cambridge, MA, USA
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues -- even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in Summer/Fall of 2021, and this role will be based in our Boston office at that time.
EF Educational Tours is seeking a talented, energetic, entrepreneurial Video Shooter/Editor with motion graphics experience to join our in-house marketing and creative team based in Boston.
As part of a dynamic team that loves what they do, you will inspire educators to broaden their students perspectives through travel. Our Video Content Shooter/Editor opportunity lets you combine your strengths in videography, storytelling, motion graphics, marketing strategy, and project management into a rewarding role.
The person we are looking for is an original thinker, collaborative, detail oriented, and flexible. And youll be surrounded by an incredibly talented, occasionally goofy, and amazingly dedicated group of people who are as committed as you are to EFs global mission: Opening the World though Education.
Sound like you? Keep reading, and wed love to learn more about you!
Who we are
Were not your typical in-house agency. Were an integrated team of about 45 staff: writers, designers, video editors, producers, photographers, marketing managers, lead-generators, and more. We can make anything the business needs and create whatever we can dream up, all in-house. That manifests in the widest range of projects youll ever find at one job. And since we have no external agencies, we get to do it allfrom 200-page catalogs to billboards, web toolkits to videos, digital campaigns to backpacks (literally down to the copy on the tags).
But our skills go way beyond our job descriptions. Among our crew are competitive fencers, professional shoe testers, artisan bag-makers, and even a former wrangler of a fainting goat named Brian. Were a passionate crew that focuses on making great work, and we have lots of fun doing it. Want to know more? Read up on our creative philosophy: http://careers.ef.com/categories/creative/
Were looking for a kickass Shooter/Editor who has:
- An amazing online portfolio/reel of your work. (This ones non-negotiable.)
- The heart and soul of a creative, who thrives on coming up with killer ideas
- The mind of a strategic thinker and creative problem-solveryou get excited flexing left & right brain alike!
- A truly collaborative nature and an eagerness to learn
- You love to challenge the norm but know how, where, and when to give
- Strong communication & relationship management skills
- The ability to juggle multiple projects for multiple teams with overlapping deadlines
- The ability to self-manage your time efficiently and follow projects through to completion independently
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work within an established system of content creation
- Skilled in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and the related Adobe Suite tools
- You have a great eye for composition and know your way around a digital camera
- Motion graphics experience
- 3+ years of experience
Although the list above includes what we generally look for, it's possible we are missing other attributes and skills you have that could make you a great fit. We believe that great teams are made up of people who have different backgrounds and experiences. So if this role resonates with you, please apply!
The reason(s) youll want to work here
Aside from joining an incredible team all working to help more people experience life-changing travel, we offer killer perks (and this is the abbreviated list):
- The opportunity to travel internationally with our customers, all expenses paid
- Discounts on EF products, including our travel and language programs
- Free in-house language classes
- Charitable matching towards causes and organizations of your choice
- Up to $1,500 per year for professional development/continued education
- A market-leading benefits package including top in class health coverage (medical/dental/vision)
- 25% company match on 401k contributions
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, and four weeks thereafter
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.