Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Our Fall 2021 Engineering Coop program lasts from July 7 to December 17, 2021 at our Boston, MA headquarters. As temporary full-time Starry employees, coops receive accrued vacation time in addition to paid holidays. Electrical engineering coops continue to be onsite at our headquarters with COVID-19 precautions in place, but some coops have the option to be fully remote. We will monitor the status of the pandemic through the summer to determine if onsite options will be available for additional roles. We also offer housing assistance to those outside the Boston metropolitan area, so we encourage students from all over the US over to apply!
Position Overview: This is a great co-op for someone who is interested in Analog circuits, RF, and Wireless Communication Systems. This role will be highly design intensive. As a member of the R&D team you will have the opportunity to do the following.
- Design RF circuit boards using Altium
- Use RF simulators to design RF sub circuits like filters, antennas, amplifiers, mixers
- Test and debug your designs using state of the art RF test equipment
- Work on RF system architecture
- Learn about wireless communications
- Be part of important design decisions
- Make meaningful contributions to Starry's radio designs and get the opportunity to see your work be used by customers
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.