Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Our Fall 2021 Engineering Coop program lasts from July 7 to December 17, 2021 at our Boston, MA headquarters. As temporary full-time Starry employees, coops receive accrued vacation time in addition to paid holidays. Mobile engineering coops are remote eligible. We will monitor the status of the pandemic through the summer to determine if onsite options will be available for additional roles. We also offer housing assistance to those outside the Boston metropolitan area, so we encourage students from all over the US over to apply!
Position Overview: You will be working alongside a senior iOS developer expanding and maintaining the Starry WiFi Station iOS application. The application is being expanded with many additional features and UI components. You will be working across the entire application from the persistence and networking layer to view layouts, animation, advanced UI interactions, and more.
- Tools Used: Swift, UIKit, Core Data, and other common iOS tools. Git and Github, among others.
- Skills: You should have experience with iOS mobile development and have taken a course or have knowledge equivalent to basic iOS development concepts as taught in a course like Stanford's CS 193P. You must have a strong background in Computer Science fundamentals and object oriented programming.
- Environment: You should be interested in a fast paced, fun, and collaborative startup environment. This position will allow you to ship code and features to a live iOS application and prepare them for future software development on mobile platforms and beyond.
- Flexibility, Adaptability: We are a startup and that means that whatever tasks are at hand are the ones that need to be done, sometimes outside our native discipline.
- Eagerness: This is a small enterprise packed with intelligent, motivated people - the opportunities to learn both in iOS and also in parallel areas - Firmware, QA, Product Development, etc. are immense. Your potential is not limited by any job description, but only by your desire to expand your horizons!
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.