We are DraftKings.
Were inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building whats next, and continuously reinventing the industry. Were a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Love data? We do too.
Were growing quickly and are searching for a Data Engineer to act as a creative contributor, leader, and mentor to our data analysis and scalability processes. You will use your experience and expertise to provide key insights that help us make data-driven decisions. Analytical thinking drives our business and when you join our team, youll not only solve new problems every day, youll see your data solutions immediately improve our users experience.
What youll do as a Data Engineer at DraftKings:
- Design processes that support data transformation and structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Work with product owners and tech leads to implement high quality, production-grade data pipelines and ETL processes developed in SQL.
- Partner with our Marketing Analytics and Data Science team to help build tools to provide actionable insights into key business metrics
- Leverage your strong communication skills and experience working with global teams to be an evangelist for data engineering across the organization
- Be flexible and able to rapidly adapt. We roll out products very quickly and priority management is key
- Be key to driving a focus on performance analysis, optimization, and tuning
What skills youll use:
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in aspects of business intelligence and data engineering, including data warehousing, delivery, and operations
- The ability to test, build and optimize data pipelines, transformations, architectures, and data sets leveraging new technologies
- Strong SQL coding knowledge in at least one data engine (for example, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon Aurora, Redshift) is required.
- Snowflake experience is a big plus
- A solid understanding of dimensional modeling is required
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience with data reporting tools (e.g., Tableau), data cataloging tools (e.g., Alation) and data logging/monitoring tools (e.g., Datadog) is preferred
- Experience working in AWS, Terraform, Python, and with database replication tools/services (e.g., DMS, Attunity) is preferred
- Experience in the Regulatory, Financial or i-Gaming industry is desirable
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build whats next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.