Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Production DevOps Engineer will play a critical role in the Hosting department. Specifically, they will work to automate infrastructure and build deployments, both on private and public cloud platforms. This position is located at our main office in Boston.
- Automate the deployment and management of production systems on private and public cloud platforms
- Scale out Docker infrastructure using container management solutions such as Kubernetes
- Support expansion of public cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Perform software development tasks, such as creating and maintaining internal tools, and integrating with 3rd party systems
- Evaluate new products, tools, and infrastructure platforms
- Ensure compliance with security and data handling policies to meet PCI, HIPAA, and other standards
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Provide technical direction to operations teams
- Collaborate with product developers to ensure successful deployment and hosting of the core product
- Proficient in programming and comfortable working with multiple languages such as Python, Java, Perl, PowerShell, and Bash
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools, specifically Ansible and Puppet
- Strong understanding of Docker and Kubernetes in highly available, production deployments
- Experience supporting production infrastructure on AWS and VMWare platforms
- Knowledge of log collection solutions, preferably Elasticsearch
- 5 or more years of experience running applications on Linux based systems
- Solid foundation of TCP/IP networking concepts
- Technical and non-technical communication skills
- Prior support of production systems
Should you join Amwell and the Hosting team, you can expect:
Amwells Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Caf lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.