ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. Were backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
Were looking for a leader to own the eCommerce customer experience for our marketplace product. You will report to our Chief Product Officer, and - with the help of a cross-functional team - own the eCommerce experience of the prospects and customers on the demand side of our two-sided marketplace. Your purview spans the customers entire lifecycle, from a prospect's first arrival at www.ezCater.com, through their exploration, usage, purchase (we hope), and lifelong adoption (we really hope) of what we call our Classic offerings and services.
Please bring us vision, to build the eCommerce experience that matches our brand: insanely helpful, completely trustworthy, warmly friendly yet crisply professional. Please bring us intuition, so strong that you cant help but understand our customers better than they do themselves. Please be so facile with analytics that you cant help but zero in on the richest areas for work. Please have such clarity of thought that each customer is served the right experience at the right time - across all aspects of navigation, checkout, and all other eCommerce functionality, whether common to all eCommerce or unique to ezCater.
What you'll do:
- Wake up each morning thinking about how to give the ezCater customer their time back and make their job easier. If we do that, our customers will love us forever.
- Design creative and courageous experiments and tests, for substantial improvements in conversion and retention
- Obsess about insanely helpful UI and UX that includes personalization and user-level optimization
- Optimize search and site content to aid in service discovery and conversion improvement
- Build tools that empower Marketing so landing experiences match with ads viewed off-site, products and services are appropriately merchandised on-site, and the journeys of both new visitors and returning users are personalized for them
- Assess the capabilities required to deliver the eCommerce experience our customers need and build the team that has these capabilities
- Lead customer experience research and ensure that the findings inform everything we build
- Work with Engineering to implement your vision and ideas.
- Partner with other business leaders to discover new opportunities for investment
What you have:
- 3+ years in eCommerce leadership for a consumer website or marketplace, on top of 10+ years of eCommerce, product management, or digital marketing roles with increasing scope. Time spent in research, user experience, software engineering, and/or sales and marketing roles are also a plus.
- Proven ability to drive significant business outcomes via testing and optimization of websites and online stores. Not only have your tests driven in-session lift, theyve made meaningful impacts on downstream customer outcomes and core business metrics as well.
- Deep understanding of the intersection of marketing, product, and technology. You know how to build an eCommerce product used across multiple devices that serves real needs based on customer insights and you know how to enable cross-functional teams to optimize customer journeys both on site and out in the world.
- A solid understanding of how to use data and personalization to make our store easier to use and more relevant for each customer, while also prompting the right next step in their individual journey.
- A proven track-record when it comes to stakeholder management; you feel confident partnering with demanding internal groups and effectively managing expectations.
- A flexible mindset that is open to change and new information. Youre first to understand when team behaviors and work methods need to adapt to new information.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
Starting Salary Range: $144,000 - $243,000
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, a great office in the heart of Boston or Denver that you cant use till COVID lightens up, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.