Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Director, FP&A will play a critical role in the Finance department, joining a fast-paced and collaborative Financial Planning & Analysis team. Reporting to the VP, Financial Planning & Analysis, the individual will perform a variety of analytical tasks to develop thoughtful insights to leaders.
The Director, FP&A will be the primary finance business partner for our Operational and R&D Executive leadership team. This is a highly visible role Actively interpret and review financial results with the business leaders, including trends / issues and opportunities, to drive actionable responses / recommendations. The dynamic candidate can work independently in a high-growth business environment.
- Partner with business unit Executives to drive actionable insights into their business and strategic levers for change
- Define and measure financial and operating results against key performance indicators
- Develop and lead a team
- Develop & maintain annual budget & long-range plan financial models and scenario analysis
- Own all month-end, quarter-end and earnings support
- Project manage cross functional projects
- Drive a standardized process of financials reviews & forecast updates
- Help with creation of Board of Directors and other Executive presentations
- Aid in collecting and analyzing relevant financial data for investor requests
- Ad hoc financial analysis and strategic projects to support management
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 8-12 years of experience in Finance required.
- 5+ years experience managing teams
- Desire to drive efficiency, process improvement, and to enhance understanding of business drivers
- Experience managing finance organizations, staff, and strategic projects with organization-wide impact
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Ability to hit the ground running. Thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Expert Excel & PowerPoint skills; extensive experience building financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical with great attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Teamwork approach to working
- Experience in Software/Tech/Healthcare industries preferred
- MBA, CPA or CMA preferred
- Public Company experience
- Experience with Workday Adaptive Insights & NetSuite
Should you join Amwell and the Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the companys growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting