Vecna Robotics seeks a result’s driven Manufacturing management and New Product Introduction Program Management professional with experience managing technically complex programs involving the planning, coordination, implementation and financial performance of a range of new product introduction programs as well as overseeing the manufacturing operation bringing these new products to market.
The ideal candidate will have deep firsthand experience starting up and scaling manufacturing operations and leading the transfer of complex electro-mechanical systems from design Engineering into volume production while leveraging global supply chain relationships.
The Manufacturing Director will have demonstrated success working with Design Engineering, Sales, Business Development, Finance, and Customer Service stakeholders across all life-cycle phases of aggressive time to market new product introduction programs and ramping product shipment rates to meet aggressive time to market customers.
This is a hands-on role with direct involvement in all aspects of building a scalable manufacturing operation, and successfully introducing Vecna Robotics’ market leading bulk material handling autonomous vehicles. This position is a highly visible role and will interact with all levels within the company and with management teams at external partners.
In This Role, You Will:
- Oversee the day-to-day manufacturing operation’s inclusive of production scheduling, staffing, process capacity planning, inventory management, shipping/receiving and process & outgoing product quality
- Represent the Manufacturing function on cross functional product development teams
- Working as part of the cross functional team, develop, plan and publish project schedules that incorporate all key company milestones with core manufacturing department deliverables
- Be the prime point of contact for all Manufacturing related NPI development milestones and overall schedule performance
- Assist the VP of Customer Success in sourcing, qualifying and negotiating value-added services with key suppliers and supply chain partners
- Participate in and/or chair cross functional team meetings within Vecna Robotics and with external partners. Take on team action log development, tracking, reporting and proactive issue resolution activities.
- Constantly assess new product development program risks (schedule, financial, product readiness), capture and publish risk impact statements along with vetted alternative recommendations
- Participate in MSA and/or supply agreement contracts, fully understand financial implications of signed contracts and persistently keep the VP Customer Success and corporate stakeholders abreast of company financial obligations and exposure
- Work closely with internal manufacturing personnel during the prototype/pilot build stages to ensure design, process and product cost changes are captured in a timely manner and factored into subsequent cross functional team decision making
- Facilitate regular communication of status to teams and senior management.
- Track key metrics for the project and identify lessons learned for future projects.
- Foster a culture focused on transparency, speed of decision-making, and a synchronized partnership within teams.
What We Are Looking For:
- 12+ years of combined manufacturing and new product introduction program management expertise with complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Successful track record ramping-up and scaling manufacturing operations consisting of in-house final assembly, test and quality management functions along with oversight of external value-add partners.
- Has excellent leadership and management skills that promotes collaboration within and across teams, promotes the professional growth of direct reports.
- Deep experience designing and implementing manufacturing management controls of; production scheduling, headcount planning, throughput capacity planning, shop floor job releases, inventory accounting (raw stock, WIP and finished goods), manufacturing cost analysis, defect & process yield management, continuous improvement programs, 5S programs and on-time shipment adherence.
- Demonstrated experience leading phase-gate driven programs consisting of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation and relationship skills in order to both direct a technical team, and to reach solutions among competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating dynamic meetings and coordinating among high energy participants to direct toward productive results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate manufacturing and program information to any level within the company.
- Demonstrated proficiency MS Project, Excel, SQL, PLM and ERP applications.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to adapt to change and proceed on decisions made with varying levels of uncertainty.
- Strong cross-functional communication and negotiation skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Prior technical automation/robotics experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or a related technical discipline required. Graduate degree in Business or Technical field is desired
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Travel will be required at times to partner sites
About Vecna Robotics:
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous, material handling robots for the warehouse and supply industry. Our technology is designed to integrate seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible bulk transportation and fulfillment in a dynamic environment. As we become a leading producer of these collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and can approach those challenges from the customer point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, and learning.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and celebrate diversity.