Motional is seeking an experienced software development leader to deliver advanced technology supporting the mapping, calibration and simulation capabilities for autonomous vehicles to enable a world class Robo Taxi product. This position will be based in Singapore.
The Director of Software Engineering will be responsible for translating strategic plans into concrete technology deliverables. They will work across the organization with other senior leaders to ensure the technology and plans will meet organizational objectives.
What you will be doing
- Partner with other Motional Engineering leadership to drive organizational change, lead initiatives, and scale the map team to meet business objectives.
- Lead the development of objectives for HD map & calibration
- Set technical milestones and objectives
- Provide leadership and motivate a team of engineers and researchers to hit technically challenging deliverables. Help drive out of the box thinking.
- Exhibit strong leadership, decisive thinking, and collaboration with other leadership and executive teams.
- Become recognized organizationally as a strong leader, subject matter expert and strong partner.
What you'll bring
- Masters degree in CS, ECE, Engineering, Math, and related fields.
- At least 5+ years of experience in managing a team of engineers/researchers.
- At least 2+ years of leadership experience in robotics, autonomous technology or related.
- Strong system and product experience in designing a reliable and scalable software system.
- Related experience in managing a cross-discipline engineering team
- Executive-level communication skills.
- Strong project management experience.
- Required: Visa eligibility to work in Singapore or Singaporean citizenship
- Masters degree in CS, ECE, Engineering, Math, and related fields highly preferred
Preferred experience, but not required
- Machine learning system design experience
- Prior experience in robotics, autonomous technology or related.
Why you should join us
- This is a key position managing high visibility products that are being used globally for our operations & research
- You will be part of a rapidly expanding (+45% staff in the last year!), engineering focused organisation/site
- A warm, friendly environment with a strong focus on our staff, built on a culture of sharing, learning and succeeding as a team
- Competitive salary and equity plan
Disclaimer: This is not an expat assignment; this position requires you to localize in Singapore. Financial assistance will be provided for relocation.
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the US and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.