Cybereason gives organizations the upper hand by taking an entirely new approach to cybersecurity with AI Hunting, the first AI-powered technology that answers the question Am I under attack? proactively, without manual effort.
We are a company that wins as one. We are daring, always evolving, and never give up. Most importantly we accept our employee for who they are and embrace people that may not fit the typical mold #UBU.
Cybereason is seeking a Director of User Experience to lead the product design team and guide the evolution of the Cybereason product to a world-class experience. As the head of the UXD team, you will recruit and build product designers and user experience researchers, and oversee their development. You lead the team in building principles, establish conversions, and ensure the daily operation of the team is efficient and effective.
In particular, you know how to run an amazing creative process and then coach members of the UXD team on how to build incredible product experiences.
What You'll Do:
- Recruit, manage and develop a team of talented designers
- Contribute to the broader product vision by collaborating with product management leadership, other department heads, and executive leadership
- Empower team culture to obsess over fine details and thoughtfulness, while justifying decisions through qualitative and quantitative research findings
- Build strong partnerships across disciplines, such as Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- Collaborate closely with product owners/managers (POs & PMs) to find opportunities for new products/features and validate assumptions through user testing and research
- Reinforce a design-thinking culture that leverages the best product, technology, and innovative talent
- Collaborate closely with Engineering in an Agile/Lean and iterative fashion to ensure your proposed designs meet user needs and are feasible to implement.
- Tell the story of the customer, their jobs-to-be-done, and create a consensus around user outcomes. Continuously assess customer interaction points and recommend design improvements.
- Integrate world-class design into the product creation process and champion design thinking with all product stakeholders
To Be Successful In This Role, You'll Need:
- Experience in B2B technology with exposure to enterprise SaaS businesses and Cybersecurity preferred
- Experience managing design teams of 5+ members
- Mastery of user experience methodologies such as user research, persona development, journey mapping, user flows, wireframes, design principles, and more
- Knowledge of data collection techniques and how to apply data to decision making for design
- Data-driven mindset with proven experience utilizing metrics & insights as tools for informed decision-making. Experience defining user experience quality metrics and work across teams to meet them
- An agile development approach, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement. A very high bar for output quality, while balancing having something now" vs. "perfection in the future"
- Ability to create effective relationships, influence, and collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels.
- A strong team player who supports their team and embraces ownership, accountability, and responsibility for the teams work