To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our printers sit in the middle of an interdependent ecosystem of software, mechanical, and electrical components. Ensuring printer success requires deep technical knowledge of the product as well as an ever-evolving understanding of how the product behaves in the field.
This role involves supporting all parts of the product development cycle from early R+D to continuing engineering for shipped products. In addition, youll collaborate closely with design teams to overcome cross-disciplinary problems and ensure that we ship quality products. If youre eager to collaborate with other Systems Integration Engineers to support the full range of Formlabs products, we want you as a Hardware Systems Integration Engineer.
- Bring together firmware and hardware to enable subsystems in the printing pipeline, delivering fully-functional 3d printer prototypes.
- Define and implement control algorithms and calibration procedures for complex electro-mechanical subsystems.
- Define and manage subsystem and system level requirements, ensuring engineering efforts are aligned with product needs.
- Characterize the performance of subsystems and design tests to verify that prototypes meet the system and product requirements.
- Debug system level issues and work with the other engineering teams to implement design fixes.
- Have previous experience (3+ years) designing complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of motion control, sensors, and control algorithms.
- Experience managing system and subsystem requirements.
- Well versed in hardware debugging and passionate about understanding why things work (or dont)
- Are comfortable working fluidly across engineering disciplines - from mechanical design to electrical engineering to embedded software.
- Comfortable working on Linux systems and scripting with Python
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Familiarity with low-level embedded firmware (C++ prefer)
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- Experience with consumer electronics
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.