Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human. After just four years in the market, the company has become one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
About the role and team
You will lead our HRBP team that is passionate about delivering the people needs to our fast-growing organization. You will also lead and enhance our DE&I strategy. You will do this in conjunction with the delivery of overall business goals. Delivering a comprehensive range of value-added Human Resources programs and services, you and your team will support a globally diverse workforce across the US, UK, and Australia. In partnership with business leaders, our HRBP team, and People Operations Team, you will lead the implementation of long-term integrated talent strategies including effective performance planning, talent planning, workforce management, organizational development, and diversity/inclusion programs. These components help to drive employee productivity and engagement and support Drifts Leadership Principles.
- Provide management oversight to our HR Business Partners to implement and evaluate programs, plans, and themes that result in increased organizational effectiveness and leadership engagement.
- Analyze situations and issues, recognize strategic implications, and apply both specialized expertise and a broader HR knowledge framework to define problems, priorities, and desired outcomes.
- Leads the HR Business Partners to conduct organizational and team climate assessments and develops interventions to address conflicts and gaps. Works with our L&D team as needed to address leadership and team development needs with our leaders.
- Create and Lead our DE&I strategy and implementation
- Responsible for keeping all Human Resources policies current and ensuring departmental compliance globally. Ensures compliance with all local legislation relating to compensation, benefits, employment and labor practices, and similar aspects of human resource management.
By month 3 you'll
- Demonstrate your ability to think about our full employee lifecycle
- Drive results with the HRBP team - how do they set expectations, what goals have they been measured on
- URP Retention Analysis: full consultative report including recommendations, both short-term plan (90 days) and long-term plan (next 6-12 months) to move the needle on this metric.
- Partner with our Director, People Operations
- Deeply understand the current state of attrition and employee engagement across Drift
- Deeply understand our culture in practice
By month 6 you'll
- Begin to implement an action plan to drive retention and engagement across Drift
- Create an environment where Drifters can do the best work of their lives
- Ensure Manager excellence realized and put into practice
- Establish DEI weekly and monthly motions
- Deeply embed DE&I in our HRBP processes
- Assume Leadership role with our ERGs across the company, driving change and advancement
By 1 year youll
- Push for high standards across the HRBP team; create, implement, and drive for best in class people practices and constantly strive for frictionless processes
- Ensure Drift is a place where our diverse teams can do the best work of their lives
- Drive DEI and organizational best practices and share learnings with the organization
About you and what type of skills youll need:
- Experience working in a high growth software company, preferably a SaaS business
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive human resources leadership experience (including process, procedure, and best practices, DE&I leadership) gained within a sizable and complex technical organization is desired.
- Strong ability to coach and direct HR Business Partners and provide expert advice to meet the needs of a hypergrowth organization and to advance the organizational goals and strategy using data/metrics to support decision making.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Strong organizational development skills, especially in assessment, gap analysis, and change management.
- Ability to make decisions and operate independently with respect to complex issues and business requirements with a high degree of exposure.
- Ability to make strategic and tactical decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced environment with a calming effect.
- Excited by our Leadership Principles and ready to champion these on a daily basis.
- A Masters degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development/Design, Business Administration or related field is preferred.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an ideal candidate. We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn
something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please dont hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background youre coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. Were looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]