WHO WE ARE
New to market, incredibly innovative, and already recognized as one of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work, Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR) rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. Engaging twice as many muscles as cycling (86%, in fact), Hydrows interactive technology delivers challenging virtual workouts, including On the Mat offerings like Yoga (Strength, Mobility) and Pilates from gorgeous locations around the world.
Hydrow connects members with an entire community of fellow rowers who experience the rivers and waterways of the world together in synchrony. You, too, can be part of that community. At Hydrow, youll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? Thats because it is!
Our team values diversity in experience and backgroundswe do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
The Athlete is responsible for communicating the values and identity of Hydrow to the public at large, and to foster long term daily engagement with the Hydrow Live Outdoor Rowing (LOR) rower and the workouts that the whole team delivers live and on-demand. The primary role of the Instructor is to create compelling live and recorded workouts that inspire people to be healthy and engage daily with Hydrow. The Instructor needs to have a high level of authenticity and enthusiasm. Dedication to the team and the success of all rowers and instructors, and a desire to make rowing genuinely interesting and exciting to others are key attributes. The Instructor is responsible for the music, language and choreography of each workout and will work closely with the production team to create workouts that meet the goals and requirements of Hydrow. Whenever possible workouts will be filmed and broadcast live from the water. Workouts may also be broadcast from other locations, including studios, as required. The Instructor is also responsible for connecting with potential and current subscribers via social media channels and other channels as agreed to and share their knowledge of Hydrows mission, including our dedication to safe water, with everyone.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Prepare for and teach compelling workouts as assigned; Minimum of 4 and up to 8 classes weekly. Target is 5 classes per week but recognizing the nature of a start-up requires flexibility on the number of weekly sessions taught.
- Create workouts that are transformational experiences for rowers through use of music, language, theme, motivational techniques, and psychological research
- Include essential elements for all Hydrow workouts including expectations of teaching concepts and personal grooming
- Prepare hair and makeup for each workout
- Complete workout documentation in a timely fashion including film logs and playlists
- Play an integral role in the recruitment and support of other instructors by contributing to an inviting team-based environment throughout the entire film team
- Collaborate with Senior Instructor, Chief Experience Officer and production team to establish and meet regular production schedule goals for quality and quantity of workouts
- Review feedback and workout metrics weekly on personal performance
- Engage in regular content review sessions of Hydrow workouts and competitors
- Use market research to inform accelerated development of workout structure
- Participate in Hydrow workouts and competitor workouts to continually learn
- Engage Hydrow rowers on social media channels on a daily basis including recognition for performance, milestone achievements, coaching tips, etc.
- Maintain consistent company messaging on all social media postings
- Promote Hydrow through media placement, marketing and other events
- Daily care of equipment, including careful storage of boat and other equipment as necessary
- Able to drive safety/filming boat
- Travel to advance Hydrow brand as assigned
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Ability to share and inspire others to love rowing.
- Knowledge of instructional formats for classes.
- Good understanding of physical movement and fitness.
- Ability to scull and sweep with proficiency.
- Competency with current media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
- Flexibility with schedule and travel.
- Awareness of safe water initiatives and Hydrow partnerships.
REPORTS TO: Athlete Manager
ABOUT HYDROW, INC.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides qual employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.