Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
The IT team is looking for an IT Systems Engineer to help deploy and manage the internal systems and services we rely on. Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, forward thinking, and skilled at delivering technology solutions into our environment as frictionless as possible for our employees, while keeping a high bar for security. You'll not only be tasked with curating an It Just Works environment, but to learn, grow and help others along their journey as well.
- Handle tier 3 support escalations across hardware, software & applications, escalating when needed.
- Assist with the management & maintenance of Jamf and/or Workspace ONE endpoint management platforms
- Support Okta SSO implementations and administration, including onboarding and offboarding processes
- Support development of automation workflows and integrations for repetitive or manual tasks
- Provide administration and support for critical tools including: Google, Zoom Workspace, Okta, Slack, Jira, and Github
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders on IT-related initiatives and projects
- Assist with basic network requests like wifi & connectivity issues and escalate when needed
- Assist Security to deliver and support client platform standards, patching, and configuration compliance
- 4+ years of experience implementing and maintaining cloud-based IT systems and services in a corporate environment
- Experience with MDM/ endpoint configuration management tools such as Jamf and Workspace ONE
- Experience with modern SaaS tools: Okta, Okta Workflows, Slack, Google Workspace, Github, etc.
- Experience with video conferencing and other A/V systems
- You know that the internet is a scary place and understand information security concepts and have experience implementing them in a corporate environment
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to, designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you
- You are motivated by helping others succeed. When things break - and they will - you are eager and able to help fix things. You like thinking of ways to improve efficiency or bring delight to the people you work with.
- You have curiosity about how things work
- Bonus: Create, customize, and package scripts and applications for deployment on Mac OS and Windows
- Bonus: Experience maintaining Cisco Meraki networks
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Quarterly mental health days
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.