Senior Associate, Supplier Management (Retail Solutions & Enablement)
Were seeking highly analytical, passionate, and self-motivated individuals to join our Partner Desk team. The Desk drives critical components of Wayfairs supplier support strategy - our team members serve as the external ambassadors who support the supplier-partners that feed Wayfairs vast assortment, and leverage internal partners to execute our strategic vision of offering best-in-class support to an ever-growing supplier base. As a senior associate on the Desk, you will work at the core of E-commerce: operating at the intersection between customers, suppliers, and technology!
More specifically, in this role, youll manage a small team of associates, engage with suppliers, and push our aspects of our strategic agenda with cross functional partners. You will be expected to lead initiatives that help us achieve our vision and produce measurable outcomes, problem-solve with business stakeholders and engineering partners alike, articulate and execute against tactical plans, and monitor service metrics. Senior associates on the Desk must be able to coach a team of direct reports to achieve well-defined results, while also being effective executors themselves.
What You'll Do
- Manage a small team of associates and / or agents who are responsible for resolving partner requests and progressing our strategic agenda via project work
- Execute initiatives to drive progress against well-defined objectives and KPIs
- Act as the go-to person for our suppliers as they resolve day-to-day issues, and provide support by training and educating them on the use of Wayfair tools
- Handle complex supplier issues, for which we dont have standard operating procedures, as well as constructive feedback (emails to the C-Suite, commentary challenging our model, etc.) that our partners share when dissatisfied with a facet of their work with Wayfair
- Build rapport with our suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Mine supplier engagement insights and team feedback to identify and implement both process and product improvements
- Think critically about our internal processes, proposing and implementing solutions to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and the overall supplier experience
- Work effectively across our global team to ensure efficient collaboration
- Analyze data and trends, and pilot innovative solutions to improve efficiency, effectiveness and the overall supplier experience
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of E-commerce, corporate retail, or management consulting experience preferred
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- A track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills
- An ability to hit the ground running as a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- An ability to manage and prioritize projects, to delegate tasks appropriately, and to engage with cross functional teams
- Innovative problem-solving skills, plus the ability to dissect and determine root causes of problems, then implement solutions
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.