Demiurge Studios is seeking a talented, experienced, lead software engineer to help lead our team to success. You will be developing game and system-level features, organizing engineering efforts on a day-to-day basis, and coordinating with the production staff to ensure that feature and production goals are being met. You will work on a small collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways. The ideal candidate has filled similar roles before, and has discovered that helping other to succeed is at least as rewarding as individual achievements.
Please note, relocation assistance or remote work may be available for this role.
- Collaborate with the design and art leads to scope game features
- Monitor work from the engineers regularly and ensure that quality and scheduling goals are met
- Manage and mentor less experienced programmers, including task assignments and follow up
- Facilitate communication between engineering and production teams
- Create and maintain technical design documents and programming task schedules
- Advocate for improving code robustness and maintainability
- Implement game features and systems
- 8+ years professional software development experience
- Published software credited as Lead Programmer or equivalent
- Experience developing software using agile methodologies
- Strong programming and software architecture skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience optimizing software for various platforms
- Has a passion for working closely with others and helping them to succeed
- Has a passion for games and plays them regularly
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Preference to Applicants with
- Engineering credits on one or more shipped games
- Experience developing games with the Unreal and/or Unity Game Engines
- Experience working in C++
- Experience working in C#
- Prior Python and Django experience
- Experience with live operations
- Database development experience with SQL
- Experience developing HTTP APIs for a web service
- Experience setting up automated build systems and unit test frameworks.
- Experience working in PC and Linux environments
Creating games is our passion. We bring years of expertise to our projects. Our developers build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. Based in Cambridge, MA, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.