Located 30 minutes outside of Boston, Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
- The M&A Corporate Counsel provides advice and guidance for the companys M&A team. The role works with the a cross-functional team on acquisitions and integration strategy and execution for Desktop Metal.
- This role will be responsible for managing the M&A transaction, including drafting and negotiating NDAs, letters of intent, and definitive and ancillary agreements, advising on deal structure and legal risks, conducting legal due diligence, and supporting integration matters.
- Collaborate with and provide counsel to internal and external stakeholders, including senior management, corporate development and operational teams. This role will most often include managing several projects simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively with fellow legal team members to assist in all aspects of commercial transactions and M&A projects, from structuring to completion, to improve processes, share best practices, and generally promote a collegial working environment.
- Provide legal advice on a broad range of general corporate and commercial matters as needed.
- This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to interact with a variety of business stakeholders, enjoys the process of acquiring and integrating companies, and is eager to contribute to the emerging businesses that help drive our companys growth.
- 10+ years of experience at a top law firm and/or in house and excellent academic credentials.
- Significant M&A experience, including public and private M&A experience.
- The ability to draft, negotiate, and review of a wide variety of corporate contracts, including share purchase agreements, ancillary documents, disclosure letters, engagement letters, confidentiality agreements, offering memoranda, shareholders agreements, and joint venture agreements
- Strong negotiating skills and experience including ability to handle difficult negotiations
- Ability to effectively manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.