Chewy is seeking a highly motivated, goal oriented, and analytical Mobile App Marketing Manager to join our Performance Marketing team in Boston, MA and help grow an established scalable program while navigating through a new privacy centric online advertising ecosystem and supplementing our cross-channel execution with expertise in the app ecosystem.
The primary focus of this role is to help scale the Chewy app userbase via effective marketing campaigns within paid networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat, etc. as well as organic channels such as push notifications, email campaigns, and site journey banners. This team member will play a pivotal role in the success of our apps as well as within the greater digital marketing and product teams. This marketing team member isnt afraid to get their hands dirty with granular data analysis and testing/growing new ad tech. This team member also has experience developing and optimizing campaigns at scale with large budgets and is comfortable collaborating with other Performance Marketing team members, partners, and cross-functional stakeholders to drive success.
The ideal candidate is customer obsessed, organized, detail-oriented, analytical, and thrives in a fast-paced environment with adaptability to change. This role sits within our high-performing, data-driven, goal-obsessed paid digital team that works very collaboratively across product, analytics, and app engineering to drive channel efficiency and growth of the Chewy app userbase.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze campaign and app user performance, identify trends and proactively suggest opportunities to improve user growth and conversion rate as well as downstream app metrics such as engagement rating, repeat purchase, and LTV
- Partner with creative performance manager to produce campaign launch briefs. Build campaign structure, establish optimized ad targeting, optimize creative, lead performance monitoring, and drive constant iteration and optimization of campaigns. Own the performance results vs. plan for the channel
- Partner with cross-channel testing lead and marketing science team to recommend and structure A/B and multivariate creative tests. Help develop incrementality testing methodology to prove out impact on our goals when last touch measurement is a challenge. Leverage technical platforms as needed to tell the story for the channel and produce scalable measurement views
- Work closely with mobile app product and engineering to build out actionable marketing plans for newly released features as well as helping build and improve capabilities that drive overall app adoption such as deeplinking, push notifications, email, and splash page creation and testing
- Partner with Marketing Operations and Product teams to establish reporting process, troubleshoot technical bugs or data QA issues
- Juggle multiple projects (including ad hoc asks) and prioritize time while working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing organization
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in mobile app digital marketing and or product, with expertise in app centric tools such as MMP, deeplinking, push notifications, and SDK/Kit Integrations
- Demonstrated channel experience, with ownership of channel objectives and roadmap, particularly Social ad networks.
- Hands-on analytical background with proficiency in SQL and working with large data sets
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, economics, mathematics, marketing, or related field
- Examples of direct hands-on management of always-on digital advertising campaigns, KPIs, and results
- Strong examples of proficiency in digital media optimization, including structured testing, and analysis of channel interplay and incrementality
- Strong understanding of bidding algorithms, manual bidding approaches, and appropriate use cases for each
- Ability to adapt to real-time data inputs and information and prioritize according to business impact
- An understanding of the complexities of the mobile app ecosystem/economy with a keen eye for the customer experience
- Position may require travel
- Experience working with Python and Github
- ASO experience a plus
- Has an understanding of Apples upcoming App Tracking Transparency framework as well as their SKAdNetwork attribution framework
- Experience working with native and hybrid app development