Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Operation Strategy, Manager for Clinical Services will play a critical role in the success of scaling Amwells medical group and clinical service offerings. The Operation Strategy, Manager will oversee defining and tracking key performance indicators, plan medium and long-term cross-functional operational projects that will ultimately lead to designing an increasingly scalable and profitable clinical service offering. This role will focus not only on improving the margin profile, scalability, and operational discipline of current clinical service offerings, but also be instrumental in ensuring that additional service lines would be operationally scalable and profitable and margin accretive.
The role requires extensive knowledge of 1) Amwells product suite, 2) AMGs Clinical Service offerings 3) KPIs, Service levels, and expectations, 4) Client goals and reporting5) quality oversight process and 6) supply/demand balance between providers and appointments.
Working closely with the SVP & GM of Clinical Services, the Operation Strategy, Manager will lead medium and long-term initiatives required to scale to 1) meet client demands and 2) achieve scale in a manner that is accretive to increasing the margin profile of the business unit.
Specifically, the Operation Strategy, Manager will:
The Operation Strategy, Manager for Clinical Services will play a key role in analyzing, defining, prioritizing and executing on operational initiatives to ensure the Clinical Services business is optimized for future scalability while being able to simultaneously execute on short and medium term goals. This role will report to the SVP & GM of Clinical Services and work closely with other members of the Clinical Services and AMG leadership team to facilitate future operational planning, track and interpret Key Performance Indicators, and align cross-functional team goals to ensure successful projects are successfully planned, communicated and executed on. This role will an understanding of AMG operations, workforce planning, P&L planning, and operational metrics.
- Collaborate with Clinical Services leadership on operational planning and expectations
- Ensure the Operations team chooses the right priorities to maximize its long-term contribution to the success of Amwells Clinical Services
- Support the SVP & GM, Clinical Services in defining, agreeing and communicating the operations strategy
- Develop and build out Clinical Services KPIs and maintain monthly reporting package to drive business decisions
- Lead long-term workforce staffing and supply/demand planning, managing the tradeoffs of scale
- Guide the setting of high-level performance targets, based on the defined strategies
- Work collaboratively with other functional leaders within Clinical Services to ensure success of projects that require cross-functional engagement
- Assist SVP & GM with communication of Clinical Services operational strategy to internal stakeholders and clients Maintain professional internal and external relationships that reflect the core values of Amwell
- Stay current on changing and evolving telehealth landscape, regulations, and related trends
- 5-7 years minimum experience and background working specifically working with healthcare organizations
- Demonstrated experience delivering against goals in rapidly evolving environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and prioritize multiple projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Strong data/ad hoc analysis skills and ability to present findings to senior leadership
- Ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of senior leaders and functions to achieve objectives. Persuasive and articulate communication skills.
- Innovative problem-solving skills dissect and resolve root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management with external companies
- Deep knowledge of the payer/health system space including reimbursement, health care services delivery, employer and population health and wellness programs, employee benefits
- Must be comfortable dealing with and managing in an extremely fluid, fast-paced environment
- BS Degree required
Should you join Amwell and the Clinical Services team, you will support the Amwell Medical Group:
The Amwell Medical Group (AMG) is a physician-owned and operated medical practice that serves the majority of Amwells clients. AMG is dedicated to the practice of telehealth, delivering high-quality healthcare to patients on a secure, HIPAA compliant, video-based platform. In addition to urgent care, AMG also manages a national behavioral health practice, which includes therapy and psychiatry, programs in sleep medicine and womens health, as well as a nutrition practice staffed by registered dieticians and a breastfeeding support practice. The Amwell Medical Group practices across all 50 states - 24 hours/day, 365 days/year and has over 4400 active providers.
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting