Located 30 minutes outside of Boston, Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
The Payroll and Equity Manager will be responsible for weekly and semi-monthly payroll and oversight of the equity plan administration, in collaboration with Finance, Legal, and Human Resources. The Payroll and Equity Manager will report to the Corporate Controller, with significant coordination with HR.
- Execute timely and accurate payroll processes, including regular and off-cycle payrolls within ADP and international payroll providers.
- Perform payroll expense reconciliation to HR files, ensuring completeness and accuracy of payroll.
- Coordinate and monitor transmission from ADP to 401K provider.
- Coordinate with Finance for the preparation payroll related journal entries and performance of monthly close activities, including balance sheet reconciliations related to accrued compensation related accounts.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, etc.).
- Utilize Shareworks platform to process equity grants and cancellations, manage related disbursement wires, and track equity activity in a timely manner.
- Prepare and process stock option exercises and the release of vested restricted stock unit awards on a timely basis within the Shareworks.
- Act as an equity administration liaison to participants, internal and external stakeholders, and respond to inquiries and requests regarding equity programs and grants.
- Update and maintain accurate equity participant information.
- General Responsibilities:
- Respond to confidential questions from employees.
- Partner with Human Resources to ensure timely and accurate employee transactions and to provide ad hoc support.
- Maintain and ensure ongoing compliance with accounting policies and procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) internal control documentation.
- Support other regulatory activities as needed, including local, state, IRS, and workers compensation audits.
- Coordinate with Tax in reconciliation and reporting of multi-state tax requirements.
- Oversee and support 401K audits with external auditors.
- Support the quarterly review and annual audit processes.
- Generate payroll and equity reports to support financial statement disclosures for SEC filings, including Form 10K, 10Q, and proxy statements, as well as any other ad-hoc reports needed for Finance, Tax, and HR.
- Minimum of 6 years of payroll and equity administration experience
- Experience with ADP platform
- Experience with Fidelity 401K and Shareworks platforms, a plus
- Experience with stock options and RSUs
- Knowledge of Federal and State wage and hour regulations and payroll tax filing procedures
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Infor (Syteline) ERP System, a plus
- Experience with public companies, a plus
- Comfortable in high growth environment
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills and is an effective time manager/multi-tasker.
- Ability to manage highly confidential materials and information.
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.