Come join a winning team!
Take a walk around our offices and youll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a Principal DevOps Engineer to join our team.
About the Role:
The Principal DevOps Engineer will have solid experience working with distributed microservices for highly complex projects hosted in AWS. The Engineer will have previously implemented CI/CD successfully while working with Dev and QE automation Engineers to integrate continuous testing of various types into the deployment pipeline. The Engineer in this role will help drive the implementation of a modern Cloud DevOps solutions framework to support Cloud Platform SLAs. This role is for a senior member of the Cloud DevOps team who will provide architectural oversight and guidance on appropriate technologies for new and existing cloud hosted services.
- Work with Development Architects on designing new services and helping to pick and implement the best technology for the purpose of a particular service or set of services
- Using Terraform create and maintain EKS templates for the optimal cluster configuration for our services
- Working with cloud hosted CI tools such as GitHub Actions and or Azure Devops
- Ensure that we understand the capacity of our systems and can plan for future capacity when there is an increase in our platform usage.
- Lead effort to implement a modern CI/CD pipeline that also includes Continuous testing working closely with Development on troubleshooting potential deployment issues and ensuring zero downtime deployments.
- Provide guidance to the team in solving complex issues related to application, database and cloud infrastructure.
- Key contributor in analyzing and evaluating new technologies to support changing business needs including modern monitoring and observability tools. (Is our Environment healthy, what is the usage of our Environment, who is impacted by service outage or degraded performance)
- Creating, maintaining, and improving procedures and runbooks to be used by senior and more junior team members.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code and configuration management using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, and Helm.
- Create and improve DevOps tooling via automation using modern scripting languages such as Python.
- 10+ in product development/support role
- 5+ in Linux
- 3+ years experience as a technical leader of DevOps for products/services
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- AWS certifications is a plus
- Experience with EKS and Istio Service mesh
- Some level of coding/scripting experience and a good understanding of source control and a good understanding of how to implement Unit tests
- Experience with multiple monitoring (APM, Synthetic and Real User) metrics collection and reporting tools. (Splunk, SFX, AppDynamics are of particular interest)
- Experience with core AWS services
- Ability to follow well-known patterns with consistent naming schemes that anyone can follow
- Communications-first mindset; everyone on #channel knows what you're doing, while/why you're doing it, and when you're done (especially during a production incident)
- Must be able to travel to our Lexington, MA office a couple of times a year
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups