Principal Financial Analyst
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
As a Principal Financial Analyst, you will partner with teams throughout the company in driving decision-making through financial analysis. This position will play a pivotal role in partnering with the Sales & Marketing Organization to evaluate and optimize for MRR growth and retention as well as manage core forecasting and budget responsibilities. If you are a Financial Analyst with an analytical mindset, a passion for turning data into insight and want to make an immediate and lasting impact in a market-leading software company, we would love to meet you.
What You'll Do:
- Partner closely with VP-level Sales leadership to analyze results and trends to inform GTM changes in areas such as resourcing, compensation plans, and customer focus
- Manage the monthly forecasting process for bookings, revenue, and expenses with exceptional organization and communication for all FP&A and Business stakeholders
- Lead Exec presentations around performance and forecast expectations several times per year
- Collaborate with Accounting on monthly financial close to ensure integrity and accuracy of revenue and expense reporting
- Partner with Sales Ops in various capacities such as Sales Compensation and MRR Reporting
- Consistently assess ways in which analysis and process can be enhanced
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, ideally working in corporate FP&A and supporting functional business leaders
- Enthusiastic about developing a career in a growing technology company
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Workday Adaptive Planning experience preferred
- Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Zuora experience is a plus
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS preferred
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.