Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Toast POS app is the central pillar of Toasts restaurant products. Every day, many thousands of servers, hosts, bartenders, and chefs use Toasts POS to serve millions of guests!
Our team strives to make their experience as smooth and efficient. When we do our job well, the restaurant staff can focus on doing what they love: providing great food and service.
Our POS app is built on an Android, Java/Kotlin, and AWS platform that packages up all of the complexity of restaurant operations into a simple UI that anyone in the restaurant can use. To configure POS features, users login to our React web UIs.
Our team tackles a mix of technical, product, and UX challenges during projects like:
- New app features to support new market segments
- Optimizing credit card payment and tipping workflows for the best guest and restaurant staff experience
- Innovative integrations of third-party ordering (e.g. Doordash) and online ordering features with in-restaurant operations
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build and maintain features of our Android POS app
- Collaborate with PM and UX to create easy-to-understand UIs
- Roll features out to customers, including monitoring for success
- Ensure team makes solid technical decisions and team output is high quality
- Drive team results and impact
- Manage team projects and process in collaboration with PM
- Grow and develop team members through coaching and feedback
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experienced Java, Kotlin, and Android engineer
- Focused on delivering positive impact for Toast customers
- Enjoys working in a team environment with a shared codebase
- Technical leadership experience on multi-person projects