We are looking for a Product Manager to join our athenaPlatform team within our Product Management division. Your job will be to help drive improvements in one of athenaplatform core areas logging metering and monitoring for infrastructure and applications build by athenista developers and end-to-end cloud data management.
But enough about us; lets talk about you. You possess:
- A passion for improving healthcare, with empathy for the user of our products and services
- The ability to influence both horizontally and vertically inside and outside of athena
- An appreciation for the software development process and the varying personalities in the cross-functional groups we work with
- The ability to get things done, and deal with ambiguity
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills, with energy & enthusiasm for solving unknowns
- Confidence and experience presenting to all audiences
- The ability to prioritize and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, manage several projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and communicate potential conflicts to manager
- The ability to work independently as well as part of an extended, cross-functional team
The Team: Our platform team builds stable, scalable, and secure solutions which are easy to adopt for our athenista developers in their application development to better monitor their operations and scale as needed.
- Work with product leadership to define business strategy and delivery of portfolio roadmaps
- Understand user needs, market forces and business models
- Clearly articulate business requirements for the problems were trying to solve
- Effectively communicate business value of the product features and roadmap
- Drive ongoing backlog allocations and prioritization with an agile scrum team
- Identify and track metrics and success criteria to create transparency and visibility to program success and opportunities for improvement
- Determine whether to kill, pivot or proceed with feature ideas based on data
- Be the voice of these product decisions within the organization
- Drive business requirements through lifecycle of the product, including UX/CX/Support requirements
- Manage the priorities and expectations of multiple stakeholders (e.g. customer, sales, partners) to gain inputs to portfolio
- Partner with marketing and client-facing teams to execute product roll-out strategies
- 3+ years of product management or software development experience
- Understanding of product management best practices, including agile development environments
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders in a business environment
- Demonstrated success at driving innovation using analytical and quantitative capabilities
- Passion for improving healthcare, with empathy for the user of our products and services
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an extended, cross-functional team
- Occasional travel required, primarily for client site visits
- Understanding of healthcare / health IT environment is a plus
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.