Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
At Amwell, our products are central to what we do. For the past 14 years, weve brought healthcare to millions of people through our suite of web, mobile and kiosk applications, allowing patients and clinicians to access and deliver care anytime, anywhere. We are seeking a passionate, resourceful, and self-motivated Product Owner to join our team.
As a Product Owner, you will be a member of the agile product development squad and you will have an instrumental role in driving day to day development for products that revolutionize the healthcare space. You will partner with all areas of the organization to interpret, document, prioritize, and drive requirements through to delivery. You will have responsibility for defining stories and prioritizing the squad backlog. You will have a key role in the design process, working with cross-functional teams of Designers, Software Engineers, and QA Engineers to build intuitive workflows, immersive experiences, and comprehensive integration tools. You see the big picture, while thriving in the details needed to drive day-to-day progress.
If you have a passion for solving complex problems and driving healthcare innovation, wed love to hear from you.
- Work with product management and stakeholders to understand business value, market context and customer pain points
- Document requirements for upcoming product releases, grooming Epics and writing stories and acceptance criteria
- Actively participate in all squad ceremonies including planning, daily standups, retrospectives, and (leading) grooming
- Build, prioritize, monitor, and maintain the squad Backlog, prioritizing stories for each sprint
- Develop deep product knowledge and share subject matter expertise with squad- explaining product vision and user stories to the team to ensure requirements are understood and customer value is delivered
- Validate and approve that stories meet acceptance criteria and are complete
- Update Product Management on Feature and Story status to align on delivery expectations
- Escalate to Product Management if there is a need to rescope based on squad output and timelines
- Ensure Product Managers access to demos, environments, and secure Product Manager sign-off that the developed feature meets business need
- Craft internal and external communications around features, including release notes
- Administer and plan A/B testing as needed
- Measure feature utilization/success
- Support product rollouts
- 2+ years working in tech, consulting, IT, or related field, as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Product Manager, Consultant, or Project Manager
- 2+ years working with software products
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to effectively work on teams within a highly collaborative environment
- Strong negotiation, organizational, management, analytical and people skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, and an ability to execute against aggressive timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization
- Previous experience in agile product development and healthcare industry preferred
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Caf lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.