Rocket Insights, now a part of Dept (our rockstar parent agency based out of Amsterdam), is looking for a Project Manager who has a passion for building great products.
Our philosophy is to hire smart, emotionally intelligent project managers who know that building great products is as much about execution as it is about working well with a team. We leave our egos at the door when we step into our clients office and focus on relationships and outcomes. If youre interested in growing your skills as a project manager through autonomy while having the support of a talented, driven, scrappy, fun team, swipe right. Rocket just might be for you.
Rocket Insights is the fastest growing product design and development agency in the US. Were a tight-knit, experienced group of designers and engineers who love building products with like-minded, but diverse, people. Although weve recently been acquired by Dept, an ambitious, high-flying agency who is going to build a worldwide brand. This isnt the typical acquisition where were not sure what changes await us. Were completely in control of our own destiny and have a vision for growing our business thoughtfully, here in the US and abroad.
How will we do this? The same way we have been - by focusing on building great products and relationships with clients that we like and respect. We dont put up with bad apples and arent afraid to turn down work if its not a fit.
Our work has improved people's lives, been seen by millions of users, featured in the app stores, had books written about it, featured in the press, received awards and, most importantly, brought delight to users.
We believe that:
- Collaboration and great communication are the keys to any successful project.
- Success comes from constantly learning/evolving peer reviews, conferences and practice.
- A healthy work/life balance (aka getting home for dinner) is important.
- The quality of our software is of top priority; our project managers help ensure that processes are in place for testing and release, and stay up to date on best practices.
What will your day be like?
At Rocket every day is different. People rarely get bored because things move fast and we work hard.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of each project you manage, keeping us on time and on budget. You will be the primary interface between clients and the design and development teams and take ownership of the projects health, delivery, and budget. You will run meetings, resolve conflicts, organize tasks and timelines, and document project changes.
Here are some of the activities that make up the day of Rocket Project Managers:
- You will simultaneously manage multiple design and development customer projects
- You will work with Client Leads on project governance with a key focus on identifying risk and mitigation strategies
- You will play a key role in bringing project teams together to make things happen through leadership, empowerment, facilitation and communication
- You will be the hub of communication for the project - in regular contact with both the internal and external teams engaged in delivering the product
- You will develop and maintain project budgets and timeframes for executing client initiatives
- You will develop and maintain a detailed project plan to track progress
- You will encourage and facilitate collaboration - set projects up using project management tools to give full visibility but allow the team to collaborate independently
- You will help create project scope and requirements that align with the overall business needs of the client and stakeholders as well as identify any dependencies or strategic questions that may be vital to the success of the project
- You will maintain a deep understanding of all ongoing projects and tasks, who they are assigned to and have excellent prioritization skills
- You will promote team chemistry - inspire the team and drive motivation to meet project commitments
- You will create a sense of belief for the team that they can focus on designing and developing a solution and you will clear a path
- You will maintain broad knowledge and expertise in other domains - product management, design, business analysis, technology, research - to be the master generalist that a project/program needs to succeed
- You will learn new things from other Rocketeers as well as improve how we do things
- Youre comfortable with actively listening, handling client concerns/feedback, meticulously documenting details of a project, and confidently facilitating meetings and conference calls;
- You are a highly motivated individual with exceptional communication and people skills;
- You have a yes attitude and can figure things out with limited hand-holding;
- You strive to be great and that means doing all the intangible (but vital) "project stuff" as well as adding value to the end product;
- You have experience using project management tools, including Jira, Confluence, Trello, Teamgantt, etc.
- You have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in digital project management and/or client services (agency experience a plus)
- Have experience of delivering large scale digital projects on plan, on budget and to a high quality;
- Broad experience in project management frameworks and their application to different projects, including Agile, Waterfall, Scrum
- You are extremely organized and can juggle many details and competing priorities
- Bonus points if you know Slack, Harvest, Google Suite, and have used design tools like Figma
- Have experience of working with the team to support new work proposals and create project plans;
- You have opinions and arent afraid to voice them, in a kind and respectful way that gets results.
Are you or have you been a Product Manager?
We believe that having Product and Project skills are what sets our Project Managers apart. We expect our PMs to deliver both on the management side as well as the technical side of helping the team groom and prioritize work. They are inextricably linked. While this role is primarily focused on project execution, product, and/or Business Analysis skills will be required. And if youve been focused on one, unfortunately, were likely not a fit. If you naturally find yourself talking tech with engineering and managing scrums, lets talk!