Markforged is looking for an experienced machinist with a strong technical background to support our engineering team with quick-turn parts, custom tooling & equipment and manufacturing expertise. We are looking for a talented, driven individual who knows how to make quality parts fast, and who is excited to expand our capabilities as we grow.
What will you own?
- Create custom parts using in-house milling, turning and 3D printing equipment
- Work closely with engineering team to develop prototypes from drawings, written instructions or hand sketches
- Support application engineering team with post-processing and inspection operations on customer sample parts
- Work with Engineering team to determine best fabrication and tolerance strategies to reduce cost and fabrication time
- Perform modifications to existing parts or sub-assemblies per engineering mark-ups as needed for prototype development
- Measure and inspect all parts to ensure dimensions are within prescribed tolerances
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point were getting at, it doesnt hurt to take a chance and apply!
Ability to safely and skillfully operate all the following equipment:
- CNC Mill
- CNC Lathe
- CAD and CAM software packages (experience with Solidworks and HSM Works a plus)
- Various other typical machine shop equipment
- Various inspection and measurement equipment
What you have:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a precision machining environment
- High energy, cooperative attitude with a bias towards problem solving and learning
- Experience as 3D CAD/CAM operator, Solidworks experience preferred. PDM experience a plus.
- Conversant in Fanuc and Haas controls, as well as prototrak conversational programming
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to safely lift up to 50 lbs
- OSHA Safety Training a plus