Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will play a critical role in transforming the way restaurants manage and connect with their employees. This growing team will need to solve a wide spectrum of engineering problems: reliability, availability, scale, new features, and new products.
Our products run on iOS and Android, backend services in Java. The web front-end runs on React, Redux, ES6 and Webpack. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java and NodeJS; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Create and implement comprehensive test plans for new features
- Test new features and log defects as needed
- Collaborate with project team to triage defects, verify fixes
- Actively contribute to product design and roadmap discussions
- Lead as well as participate in test case reviews
- Keep current with tools such as Jira, Confluence, TestRail
- Work with QA engineers and developers on strategy for testcase automation
- Assist with triage of customer issues
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Ability to put together test plans and initiative to own the quality of multiple products
- Commitment to quality, user experience, and using your get unblocked attitude for continuous learning and problem solving
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Experience with manual testing of iOS and Android applications
- Interest in automated testing for web & mobile
*Bread puns encouraged but not required