WHO WE ARE
New to market, incredibly innovative, and already recognized as one of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work, Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR) rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. Engaging twice as many muscles as cycling (86%, in fact), Hydrows interactive technology delivers challenging virtual workouts, including On the Mat offerings like Yoga (Strength, Mobility) and Pilates from gorgeous locations around the world.
Hydrow connects members with an entire community of fellow rowers who experience the rivers and waterways of the world together in synchrony. You, too, can be part of that community. At Hydrow, youll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? Thats because it is!
Our team values diversity in experience and backgroundswe do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
We are looking for a Rowing Operations Coordinator (ROC) to support all aspects of rowing operations - travel, maintenance, on water operations with additional responsibilities suited to your particular strengths. This role is integral in ensuring that the team operates safely, efficiently and effectively while creating impactful live and on demand content for Hydrow members.
The ROC will work directly in collaboration with the unit Production Leaders to support all on water rowing film production. The primary role entails ownership of the rowing equipment including travel and maintenance. This role requires flexibility in schedule, regular travel and hands on involvement with many touch points within the team where a collaborative approach is essential. The ROC will play a key role to ensure ongoing delivery of on water filming on a daily basis.
The ROCs enthusiasm for the mission of Hydrow is a critical component for success in this role and for the company as a whole. This role will be based in Cambridge, MA with regular travel to support year round on water rowing operations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Operations Leadership- Lead, coordinate, and perform maintenance and care of rowing equipment to ensure safety and performance
- Boats, oars, film launch, film launch engine, trailer, truck, additional equipment
- Provide on site support for land based filming to ensure safety, efficiency and effectiveness as needed
- Location Transitions- Execute the preparation, transport, and set up of rowing equipment in new destinations on a regular basis
- On water team travels 1-2x/month
- Assist in vetting new and potential locations for rowing feasibility
- On Water Operations- Collaborate closely with the on water team (film crews, athletes)
- Support all aspects of on water filming operations Includes periodic driving of the film launch
- Help create a safe and efficient environment that fosters outstanding on water content
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- Excited about regular travel and adventure
- Positive, can do, upbeat attitude
- Flexible in schedule
- Hands on solution finder
- Enthusiastic to share the sport of rowing with new audiences
- Function well under pressure with the ability to make challenging decisions on tight timelines
- Enjoy working on the water, in all types of weather, in a team environment
- Current drivers license with trailer driving experience
- Capable and comfortable operating a powerboat
- Boater Safety License (or willingness to acquire)
- Ability to lift 75 lbs or more
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Equipment repair experience
- Small engine, trailer, rowing equipment
- Extensive trailer driving experience
REPORTS TO: Production Leader
ABOUT HYDROW, INC.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides qual employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.