We are looking for a senior accountant who is eager to expand their skillset at a rapidly-growing company. At Wayfair, we value innovation and pursue projects and ideas that will help us scale with our fast growth. Reporting to the Manager of SEC Reporting and Compliance, this role is an exciting opportunity to join Wayfairs SEC reporting and compliance team. In this role, you will coordinate the SEC reporting process, work cross-functionally to ensure compliance with SOX, and prepare and/or review the accounting for employee equity grants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare the Companys quarterly and annual SEC filings on Forms 10-Q,10-K, 8-K, Proxy and other ad-hoc filings, adhering to strict timelines, including drafting and filing financial statements and footnote disclosures and coordinating review by management, legal counsel, Investor Relations and external auditors.
- Act as a project manager, maintaining the external reporting calendar, including scheduling and coordination internally (Investor Relations, Legal, Accounting, FP&A) and externally (external auditors). Manage the PBC/SOX requests received from our external auditors to cross-functional groups.
- Coordinate with Investor Relations to prepare earnings releases, including pro forma results, as well as investor presentations.
- Manage communications with external auditors on financial reporting, audit progress, and key accounting decisions.
- As needed, assist with departmental projects and initiatives.
- Identify sustainable strategic improvements, suggest corrective actions, coordinate implementation, and track efficiencies achieved.
- Track compliance with SOX requirements and monitor key controls that support our internal controls for financial reporting (ICFR)
- Prepare and review necessary calculations for equity-based compensation accounting and equity disclosures.
- Bachelors degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in accounting or finance.
- 2 4 years of related experience, including at least 2 years in a Big 4 accounting firm.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organized, self-motivated and committed to a high level of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic, ability to meet critical deadlines and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent team player with ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Exposure to GAAP, FASB codification and pronouncements, and SEC reporting requirements, as well as ability to clearly document and communicate complex accounting matters.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint is required
- Certification/Licensure: CPA required
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.