Senior Acquisition Associate, Supplier Acquisition & Onboarding
Who We Are: Looking for a company that inspires and challenges you, where you can be part of a collaborative and driven team? Wayfair is looking for an ambitious, and entrepreneurial individual to join our Supply Acquisition & Onboarding team! Help us grow one of our many home categories and revolutionize the way people shop for their home utilizing Wayfair's "best in class" online customer experience.
On the SA&O team, you will gain a full understanding of the Wayfair brand, our core customer, our internal tools, & how and why suppliers partner with us. You will play a fundamental role in the growth of supplier partnerships by proactively approaching and acquiring potential new suppliers. At Wayfair, we treat our suppliers like family and our team works closely with new suppliers to support them through the entire onboarding process -- from lead to live.
As an Acquisition Associate, you will drive an impact to Wayfair's bottom line as you identify, pursue and come to agreement with new supplier partners. You will use competitive intelligence, analysis and your intuition to identify potentially valuable supplier partners for Wayfair. You will make contact, find a decision-maker and convince them of the benefits of working with Wayfair. You will negotiate business terms and pricing to set both Wayfair and the supplier up for success. Your goal is to drive new business partnerships, increase customer selection, and grow GRS in all new acquisitions.
Our environment is fast-paced, and requires someone who is hungry, flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and possesses strong communication skills. Youll strengthen your pitch and negotiation skills through direct conversations with suppliers, and by attending trade shows in hot spots like New York, Las Vegas, Chicago, and Orlando!
What Youll Do
- Drive benefits to Wayfair by onboarding new suppliers that can have a meaningful impact on revenue and product selection.
- Cultivate business relationships, and create solutions as you build your lead pipeline
- Negotiate optimal supplier agreements to drive mutually beneficial business relationships with new suppliers
- Lead meetings and calls with suppliers to review the benefits of Wayfair partnership
- Travel to trade shows with your Manager and cross-functional Category Management teams (4-6 trips per year)
- Establish and maintain effective professional relationships to gain trust, buy-in, and respect with business partners
- Competitor and market trend knowledge to make strategic acquisition decisions
- Adapt quickly to change and with a positive spirit
What Youll Need
- 2+ years in e-commerce, retail merchandising or business setting experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think analytically while working in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Ability and willingness to travel to various industry trade shows; about to 4-6 times per year
- Desire to be part of a team
- Professional, bright, and customer-focused
- Ability to accept and act on managerial feedback
- We are looking for dynamic colleagues, who can both work independently and collaborate to solve problems and come up with new ideas we strongly value entrepreneurship and independent thinker-doers
- Ability to understand and drive results, metrics, and key performance indicators
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.