Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is hiring for a Senior Associate, Lifecycle & Email Marketing to join our Consumer Marketing team here at CarGurus! This role will help us get results on our email marketing and retention efforts to consumers. Reporting directly to the Director of Consumer Retention, this position will have significant cross-functional interaction with creative (copywriting and design), analytics, product, email development, and external email vendors. We are looking for a strong, data driven candidate who will be responsible for helping us to improve user engagement with CarGurus emails.
What Youll Do:
- Develop strategies driven by data that are crafted to nurture and further engage existing users that will lead to repeat visits and connections and long-term retention with the brand
- Build, execute, and optimize marketing automation campaigns across the user lifecycle, with a focus on email and mobile marketing
- Lead all aspects of the daily execution, optimization, and analysis of our email marketing programs
- Oversee the complete email production process including QA, stakeholder approval, scheduling, and deployment of all one-time, automated, and triggered email campaigns
- Prepare comprehensive project briefs and a messaging framework to communicate campaign objectives partner with the internal creative team on producing assets that deliver campaign messaging in a clear and effective way
- Monitor and deliver daily, weekly, and monthly critical metric reporting on email & app initiatives and find opportunities for testing and optimization
- Work cross-functionally with Creative, Product, Engineering, Legal, Data Integrity and the Analytics teams to successfully deploy all emails and to implement product
- Run A/B tests, track, share, and apply findings to future emails to improve conversion
- Examine email strategies of key competitors and other brands outside of the industry to understand trends
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant marketing experience
- Analytically oriented with a bias towards using data to tackle problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Iterable, Responsys, SFMC, IBM, Epsilon, Adobe, or other first-tier enterprise ESP a plus
- Knowledge of major ISPs and email best practices
- Ability to report out clearly and succinctly on results of an email send/email test
- Ability to understand and make simple changes to HTML code a plus
- Collaborative: Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional setting
- Ability to handle competing priorities with tight deadlines and work with multiple partners
- Strong program management skills with high attention to detail, while being scrappy and creative when working on new email concepts to help us move/test quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.