We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Associate Director of Direct Supply Success
Tripadvisor is the worlds largest information platform for travel. Our goal is to understand travelers better than anyone else so that we help travelers make the most of every trip. More than 400 million travelers around the globe come to our site and apps each month to discover and book the best things to do, places to eat, and accommodations. The B2B Plus team is focused on ensuring that Tripadvisor has best in class directly contracted hotel supply to power its Plus subscription program.
Tripadvisor is looking for an Associate Director to oversee the success of our direct supply organization. The role will drive strategy, growth and coverage contribution to the wider business. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and confident decision-maker. Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will lead key growth and partnerships for Tripadvisor.
You will work across functions in a matrixed org and are expected to work closely with your cross-functional counterparts to steer the business as it scales. You will report to the Director of B2B Strategy and Operations.
- Ensure the success of Plus participating direct supply hotels: Responsible for the long term planning and execution of your goals. Ensuring your teams have a clear understanding of the trajectory and OKRs. You will have a matrix of cross-functional collaborators across Product, Marketing, Sales, Enablement, Analytics & Engineering
- Is a strong operational leader with an ability to leverage data to identify new business opportunities, identify pain points, build hypotheses and conduct analysis to test those hypotheses
- Owns the coverage contribution of these hotels. Success will be measured by how frequently direct supply hotels appear in travel searches
- Collaborates effectively across Tripadvisor teams and cross-functional partners to chase opportunities / remove blockers, and values these partnerships to grow the business together.
- Responsible for understanding business progress and tracking against business unit objectives, bringing to light any risks and then putting plans into action with stakeholders to mitigate.
- Contributes to the definition and achievement of OKRs:
- Provide input to shape OKRs in support of Direct Supply objectives
- Coach Product Managers on the need for achieving these OKRs (including providing the business case rationale & context)
- Responsible for understanding status of OKRs by product and when there is need for support particularly from horizontal leadership - drive these conversations
- Drives language of the OKRs throughout day to day course of business
- Provides feedback about how to best prioritize objectives with a wider lens of B2B and Plus
- Responsible for cross-business line collaboration for thinking collectively about the customer base and how to execute the best customer experience holistically in the Tripadvisor suite.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
What Were Looking For:
- Track record of success. 8+ years experience in Operations, Consulting, General Management, Ecommerce roles operating within a company or a consulting firm
- Effective leadership skills. Experience leading a high functioning cross-functional team. Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.
- Change management experience. Ability to embrace change & drive change thoughtfully with teams.
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically. Proven skills in problem identification and solutioning. Ability to identify problems and solve at scale, leading teams through execution.
- Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams.
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate efficiently both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members in a consistent basis with the tone thats best in the moment. Being able to write clear and concise expectations.
- Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking. Able to interpret short and longer term data and trends, allowing you to diagnose problems and identify opportunities that lead to recommendations of effective action plans.
- High velocity player. A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with multiple responsibilities.
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at [email protected].