Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
We are looking for a proven B2B enterprise software marketing leader who excels at managing exceptional teams, messaging and positioning, marketing strategy and execution, and content marketing aimed at establishing and extending market leadership.
Key are your skills in hiring, mentoring, retaining top talent, and fostering a cohesive, high-performing team. You will guide a group of product marketerseach focused on a major product area/suitein developing strategic plans that leverage the full marketing mix, messaging, content, and field enablement that drives market leadership and customer success. You will own the overarching message and value proposition for the full offering that spans all the teams product areas.
We support highly complex, multi-touch sales cycles in a very high ASP, low churn environment. It is our aim to ensure long-term leadership and customer success and in every market that we enter, your focus on long-range planning and excellence in execution across multiple large markets is instrumental.
You are also a key member of the marketing leadership team, focused on building a world-class marketing function and ensuring strong cross-team collaboration. The role is highly collaborative and works closely with the strategy team, sales, services, field marketing, and product management to arrive at the best possible messaging and plans.
What You'll Do
- Build, inspire, and lead an organization that delivers against marketing goals, with clearly defined roles, career paths, succession plans, and employee success strategies
- Guide the teams development of plans, messaging, and content that translates business goals into effective marketing strategies and drives market leadership for key product lines and customer segments
- Define and own the product positioning for the full portfolio of products aimed at senior business and IT leaders
- Expand and scale content marketing to ensure the right content and derivative assets are developed quickly and with quality
- Develop and foster the creation of fresh and new product marketing ideas and content to deliver on Veevas position as a thought leader
- Closely collaborate with strategy, sales, and product leadership and across marketing functions to ensure the development and delivery of the most effective programs aligned to the needs of the business
- Ensure the function scales through prioritization of high impact, high leverage content, and successful cross-team and gains leverage, where possible, from whats produced in other geographies, particularly Europe, and proactively shares programs and lessons learned from the U.S.
- Measure and optimize to ensure activities are effective, efficient, and deliver high ROI
- Minimum 5 years of marketing leadership and 10 years of product marketing experience (or equivalent) in technology companies (preferably high growth)
- Deep experience in thought leadership and product messaging, content development, and sales enablement
- Passion for leading teams and a proven track record of hiring, mentoring, and retaining world-class marketing talent
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and a clear and persuasive, buyer-oriented writing style
- Excellent operational and project management, including the ability to manage diverse projects and multiple priorities under aggressive timelines and expectations
- Strong desire and experience working in a high-growth, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Must be a creative, flexible, hands-on marketer with a focused ability to get the job done even in the face of time, budget, or resource constraints
- Collaborate team player with great interpersonal skills and an exceptional ability to work effectively cross-functionally and with executive leadership
- Passion for leading teams as well as delivering results as an individual contributor
Nice to Have
- Experience marketing high ASP solutions to business buyers
- Hypergrowth enterprise software company experience
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.