The Service Integration team serves the data needs of various other service engineering teams which build applications on top of the API's/platforms provided by the team. The team interacts with external teams like Order Systems to integrate their data and events for service engineering consumption, including notifications. The work done by this team impacts all the service post order customer journey teams as well as service platform teams. Its mission is to provide a unified platform for Service engineering data requirements ensuring performant and consistent distributed data access.
The projects that our teams work on are built from the ground up we look for entrepreneurial individuals who want to take ownership over their own agenda and thrive in a collaborative team environment. As a part of this team, youll be managing individuals and a roadmap that involves integrating with external team events for notifications, statuses, order data access, order data modifications etc. The team works on distributed async event streams based architecture, owns designing event contracts between various systems, translating data available through various external API's into a unified GraphQL schema, interesting problems related to GraphQL federation and building data pipelines for data science algorithms and analytics.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, develop, and grow a team that consistently creates measurable value for Wayfair
- Interface with product, business, data science and engineers to create and refine a multi-year technology and organizational strategy
- Oversee the development, deployment and maintenance of platform components and APIs using both internal and external solutions
- Continuously raise the technical bar of the team by bringing in top technical talent and take ownership of creating a culture of excellence where future technical leaders thrive and grow
- Identify and implement innovative tools, technologies, and processes
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence and strengthen the technical expertise of engineering and product teams across Wayfair
- Obsessively focus on production readiness for the team including testing, monitoring, deployment, and proactive troubleshooting
- Identify risks and gaps in product offerings that drive revenue or cost out and lead initiatives to address those needs
What You Will Need:
- Track record of building engineering teams that can innovate rapidly and scale with the business
- Mastery in designing production systems at scale including fault tolerance, reliability, performance, and security
- Expertise in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques.
- Proficient with multiple server side programming languages including mastery of one language (Java, .Net, Python & PHP preferred). GraphQL federation and gateways experience a plus.
- Demonstrable experience of technical and coding contributions in different cloud environments
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a bias for action and desire to build in rapidly changing environments
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with hypothesis-driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies and how to apply them at scale
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.