Senior Engineering Manager - Notifications Systems
The Notifications Systems team powers proactive, intelligent outreach through any channel. It currently drives millions of e-mails and push notifications daily through both coordinated planned campaigns (traditional batch sends) and real-time marketing automation campaigns through Graymatter (in-house platform similar to Marketo). Our goal is to support highly personalized communications, at scale, with fast setup enabled by intuitive tooling and highly available and stable platform features.
Beyond sending dynamic notifications - the platform offers an intelligent governance system (Yamato) for ensuring a high quality customer experience (i.e. managing global communication cadence, opt out and business rules adherence across notification channels).
What You'll Do
- Lead and develop a strong team of engaged engineers
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Build and maintain key SLOs for your systems as a tool towards providing high quality service for stakeholders
- Partner with product counterpart to develop OKRs and then put into action a strategy for the team to deliver against them
- Participate in Wayfair's interview process, helping us develop and hold a consistent, high bar
- Make fact-based trade-off decisions and nurture a results-biased culture within the team.
What You'll Need
- Experience making architectural and design-related decisions for large scale platforms, understanding the tradeoffs between time-to-market vs. flexibility.
- B.S. or equivalent experience in computer science/related field
- Track record as both an individual contributor and a manager of delivering strong business outcomes
- Experience building/scaling streaming or large batch processing systems
- Ability to speak to a perspective on building systems/services with appropriate levels of contextual boundaries
- Recruited, coached, and mentored engineers at multiple career levels.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.