We are looking for a Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis to join our Finance division. You will be responsible for analyzing and understanding the results of the company from both a financial and operational perspective. This person will be responsible for the financial planning and analysis of critical areas of the business and will serve as a business partner to members of the executive and leadership teams. This individual will help develop and maintain a metrics-driven infrastructure to help drive profitability as well as support the continuing growth of the business. This individual will also be responsible for providing critical insights on matters of growth, corporate development and other strategic initiatives.
The Team: Our Finance team supports senior leadership by analyzing and understanding the results of the company from both a financial and operational perspective to help drive strategic business decisions. This is a highly agile and visible team and in this role, you will be responsible for communicating forecasts and business initiatives to all levels of the business including senior management. In this role you will report to the Director FP&A and work closely with the Senior Management Team. You will also provide critical insights on matters of business dynamics, inorganic activities, and other company initiatives.
Business Unit P&L
- Management of the annual budget and monthly forecasts for business unit P&L.
- Review actual monthly results and provide corrections to accounting during the monthly close process.
- Monthly reporting and analysis of business unit results from both a financial and operational perspective for the executive team and business partners; be able to tell a story and understand risks and opportunities.
- Preparation and review of monthly and quarterly variance analysis and key metrics.
- Preparation of monthly management financial reporting package for GM/CFO/ leadership teams.
- Cross functional partnership with commercial, operations, corporate development and other teams to support strategic initiative financials
- Develop and/or assist in the creation or improvement of various financial and capacity models for athena strategic initiatives. This can include both current initiatives and new initiatives across athena.
- Scenario planning for Strategic Initiatives in order to determine appropriate range of outcomes for company trade-off discussions.
- Create reporting framework and process for strategic initiatives in order to be able to track budget vs actual performance.
- Bachelors degree in related field MBA strongly preferred
- 8+ years of progressive financial planning & analysis experience
- Exceptional financial analysis background, advanced modeling skills, strong business communication skills
- Ability to tell a story and tailor that story to the audience; understand the big picture
- Ability to analyze data and summarize findings
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting.
- Excellent MS Excel financial modeling and report writing skills (Anaplan a plus).
- Attention to detail and accuracy with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.