Chewy is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, Java for our Pet Health Tech team. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and directly owning the implementation of architecture, design and features for this critical business line. As part of a fast-pace and startup environment, you will be responsible to design and build a new product providing advanced B2C and B2B capabilities using a modern Micro Frontend and Micro Services using Java and AWS. You will be part of a team of 4-6 engineers with a mission to build reusable and scalable services. You are expected to be an excellent team collaborator always raising the bar on quality and timely delivery in a highly agile environment.
What you'll do:
- Design and build reusable, secure and performant micro services on a scalable AWS platform
- Work in an agile and fast pace development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Platform Engineering teams
- Experience or ability to learn DevOps principles and techniques to delivery high quality software with the least technical debt possible is a significant plus
- Continuously adopt and embrace industry best practices in terms of technology and development process
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience as software engineer
- Practical experience in Java (preferred) or C#
- Experience in SpringBoot, JPA, Docker, Kubernetes or similar technologies
- Experience designing and developing cloud solutions using AWS (preferred), Azure or Google is a significant plus
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Ecommerce and/or Healthcare experience
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].