Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and flavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, weve raised over $60M in venture capital and were doubling year over year. In addition to maintaining our current product line, Bevi is heavily investing in new product development.
We are seeking a Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer to join Bevis manufacturing and quality team. This role reports to the Director of Quality Engineering. The Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer will primarily drive continuous improvement, reliability initiatives, and be the voice of the customer at our manufacturers. The Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer will work closely with the Sustaining and Hardware Engineering teams to identify and prioritize improvements in the manufacturing process. The ideal candidate will embrace the Bevi core values, learning new skills, working across disciplines, and driving issues to completion.
Our core values at Bevi are: *Put Customers First* / *Be Great to Work with* / *Raise the Bar Together* / *Act Like You Own the Business* / *Be Curious and Ask Why* / *Champion Sustainability*
As the Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer at Bevi, you will:
- Work directly with our manufacturing partners and get hands on with the machines and assembly processes.
- Communicate and work closely with other team members to identify and prioritize the most critical areas of improvement including, but not limited to, manufacturing and supplier defects, design limitations, field complaints, and serviceability issues
- Develop and improve quality system processes to meet quality goals and KPIs
- Execute and design electromechanical tests, FMEAs and DOEs to identify root cause and verify corrective action fix effectiveness
- Influence standardization and process refinement within the engineering organization
- Identify and implement quality requirements for design verification, test plan execution, and generation of test reports for NPI design verification
- Perform hands-on and data-driven triage root cause analysis utilizing common problem solving methodologies (8D, SCAR, 5Y, CAPA etc.)
- Work cross-functionally to drive closure of critical issues to ensure effective root cause and corrective action implementation
- Analyze quality monitoring data sources and apply statistical techniques to identify existing and potential causes of failures
- Perform periodic trend analysis and corrective action effectiveness measures to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Work directly with component suppliers and contract manufacturers to create processes, tests and procedures to improve the customer experience and machine reliability
We think you will bring:
- 7+ years of experience in HW product development, quality assurance, reliability or manufacturing engineering
- Proven track record of identifying root causes, communicating information, and driving solutions to completions with cross functional teams
- Manufacturing line experience on a product with a focus on quality
- Experience with design for reliability including modeling, theory, and accelerated testing
- Experience with six sigma, quality controls, SPC, lean manufacturing, Kaizen, gap analysis, product lifecycle management, and problem solving methodology (such as 8D and 5Y)
- Experience tracking quality and reliability metrics, and writing test and technical reports
- Practical ability to communicate trade-offs and benefits of various decision paths
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot and communicate to internal and external stakeholders
- Data-driven individual who utilizes data whenever possible
- Experience creating and implementing data collection and analysis tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills with an ability to balance hands on work with planning and program management tasks
- Excited to explore new subjects or learn skills that are unfamiliar but necessary to get the job done.
- Passionate about delivering best-in-class quality to customers and stakeholders
- NOTE: must be willing to travel ~20% of the time
- Competitive compensation package, including equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and environmentally responsible fund options
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Onsite snacks and Bevis... and composting and terracycling, too
- Happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards - and more!
- Join a team that shares our Bevi Core Values:
- Put Customers First
- Be Great to Work with
- Raise the Bar Together
- Act Like You Own the Business
- Be Curious and Ask Why
- Champion Sustainability