The Product Team at Motional creates the central vision for our autonomous vehicle fleet, working across the engineering, business development, and operations teams to design and deliver a product that is safe, reliable, and accessible for our passengers.
As a Product Manager, you will focus on understanding current and future user needs, industry and technology trends, and customer and partner requirements. The requirements from these learnings will be used to develop products that will shape the fast-moving Autonomous Vehicle (AV) industry. Your leadership will be necessary to manage the development of new high profile products, prioritize new features for launch, and manage the products development throughout its lifecycle. To do this, you will work closely with users, designers, engineering, and sales and marketing teams.
Our Product Managers are high-energy people that use superb interpersonal and communications skills to work equally well with team members, support organizations, internal customers, and executives. They bring a holistic view and leadership style and are considered a focal point in the organization. Key to your success is your ability to marry creativity with analytics skills to create customer value and finding a way to move things forward amid competing forces.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate closely with engineering teams across our software stack (Perception, Planning, Localization, Controls) to refine product requirements and the Operational Design Domain (ODD) for the AV.
- Leverage deep user, customer, and industry knowledge to design, launch, and improve our autonomous driving software
- Work with design and user research to gain a deep understanding of consumer behavior and market trends.
- Identify and assess the business value of different strategic scenarios, time sensitive product opportunities, including revenue-generating variants, help define what should be included within our portfolio.
- Utilize strong customer and business acumen to guide the product vision through difficult decision points during development.
- Represent the product team and champion the product through the go-to-market process working with global marketing and sales colleagues to ensure a clear product position and impactful launch.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an engineering discipline
- 5+ years of Product Manager experience
- Previous experience with autonomous technology, robotics, or similarly relevant experience
- Previous experience launching a new product, working with operations teams to ensure smooth execution
- Cross functional team experience, especially working with engineers and UI/UX designers
- Highly polished writing ability, very strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to drive cohesion, collaboration and decision making among different people & functions
Bonus points but not required:
- Computer science or equivalent engineering or data sciences background
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA)
Why you should join us:
- In this role, you will work at the very core of our autonomous software product, defining the vision and priorities for our autonomous capabilities and then working with development teams to implement the vision. As the product approaches launch, youll simultaneously collaborate with operations and testing to test the product with users and refine it before release.