Can be fully remote or based in our Boston or San Francisco office
Panorama Education is a fast-growing technology startup based in Boston and San Francisco focused on radically improving education. Over 1,500 school systems serving 12 million students across 50 states have adopted the Panorama platform as clients and thought partners, including the entire state of Iowa and Hawaii, as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. Panoramas platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each childs success in school and in life, such as social-emotional learning and well-being, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the role:
We have a big-picture vision to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data and improve their practice.
In this role, you will lead the formation, execution, and continual evolution of a vision and strategy for a new product area at Panorama, to be launched in early 2022. By drawing on the latest thought leadership and research within K12 education, thoroughly understanding the market we sit within, listening deeply to our users, and ideating with our Research, Design, and other teams, you will devise and continually revise an overarching product direction for this new offering. You will work directly with engineers and designers to bring this vision to life, identifying solutions to specific problems within the chosen space, scoping those solutions, and working alongside them as they build features. You will be the communicator-in-chief for this vision and strategy to other stakeholders in the company, partnering closely with team members from other functions throughout this journeyincluding our Client Success, Teaching & Learning, Account Management, Finance, Marketing, and Sales teamsto rally these teams around this strategy and help enable Panorama to meet our business, engagement, and impact goals.
In this role you will:
- Lead the creation of a vision and strategy for a new product within Panorama's portfolio, aligning to and helping shape Panoramas overall company and product vision
- Build and evolve a successful execution strategy starting with one but likely growing to multiple product development teams, working with your design and engineering counterparts to align individuals and teams in the product area to themes of work and empowering them to drive the work forward
- Partner with other teams to build a go-to-market strategy for the new offering, transforming the vision into a compelling story for our buyers, setting pricing, and planning rollout
- Lead teams to achieve, in collaboration with other functions, the new products revenue, client retention, and user engagement goals
- Work within a small cross-functional squad, partnering with engineers and designers to scope and build new capabilities in service of our education and business goals.
- As the product grows, manage a small team of Product Managers, helping them to successfully define and scope solutions within your product area and grow in their careers as PMs
- Collaborate with our research team to ensure that the solutions we are building are consistent with relevant scholarship and evidence-based practices
- Through research, listening, and discussion, become Panoramas expert in the challenges of and opportunities for improving K12 education in the realm of your product areaa thought leader in the way Panoramas products can help effect change toward better, more equitable outcomes in K12.
- Spend time talking to teachers, principals, and district leaders across the country, understanding their challenges and validating that our solutions help solve their problems
- As a leader within our Product Management team, play a central role in advancing our product management processes and systems as we grow
- Engage team members in other functions and Panoramas senior leadership, continually sharing our strategy and taking in feedback that helps improve our plans.
What were looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager, strategy consultant, business analyst, education leader, or other related role
- 2+ years of people management experience and a track record of enabling and empowering team members to develop in their careers and successfully hit goals
- Experience related to K12 education, and a belief in the power of data-informed decision-making to help effect change for students and bring about greater educational equity
- Ability to develop a strategy: Starting with high-level questions (e.g., What new product offering in the SEL space might we offer?), ability to structure and scope the problem space, break the problems down into their components, and set up and validate strategic choices