Product Marketing is the art and science of working collaboratively - with product, marketing, sales, and channel - to define and deliver a companys total value to our audience and customers. We use our knowledge of the customer, market, and competitive intelligence to connect customer needs to value-based Markforged solutions that differentiate us to drive growth in the market. The team draws on its market and customer expertise to provide go-to-market leadership, drive new product introductions, and create messaging, positioning, content, and sales tools.
Product Marketing Managers lead highly impactful and visible cross-functional programs that accelerate sales, unlock revenue growth, increase demand for our product, and build awareness of Markforged. Our challenge is to explain to the market new and complex technology in a distilled way that our customers get. The one commonality across Product Marketers at Markforged is inherent curiosity about the additive manufacturing revolution who want to tell the story.
Come join our team and help us define and tell our story about reinventing manufacturing today so that our customers can build anything they imagine tomorrow.
What will you own?
- Develop and lead go-to-market strategy for new and existing products
- Plan and lead go-to-market launches, announcements, and campaigns programs
- Align business value to product offerings and connect to market through messaging and positioning
- Communicate the vision and value of new products to the sales team
- Work cross functionally to tell the Markforged story and act as a thought leader
- Lead market research projects to better understand the market and gather intelligence to help inform product decisions and messaging
- Stay up to date on the competitive landscape
- Spend time with customer base to bring the voice of the customer to all that we do - from content creation to market requirements for new and existing products
- Develop and maintain sales tools that facilitate the selling process
- Create compelling marketing content such as case studies, videos, website copy, and blog posts
- Be a product evangelist internally and with customers
- Bring technical depth to content strategy
- Achieve alignment and buy in from cross functional teams and executive stakeholders
- Build processes to help us scale
- Lead project teams to deliver key product marketing initiatives
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point were getting at, it doesnt hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- 5+ years technical product marketing experience or other directly transferable experience
- Customer obsession
- Ability to dig in and translate technical content into compelling messaging
- Enthusiasm and demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams to get things done
- Experience working with sales and competitive analysis
- Equally comfortable and experienced as both a data driven and a creative problem solver
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Bonus if you have experience working in 3D printing ecosystem and/or marketing to manufacturing customers
- Bonus if you have both hardware and SaaS product marketing experience