We are DraftKings.
Were inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building whats next, and continuously reinventing the industry. Were a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Build with a groundbreaking team.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to be part of one of our multidisciplinary teams where youll work closely with designers, product managers, and data analysts. In this position, you will be a creative contributor to our processes and decision-making so when we build new features, we can ensure scalability and availability of the entire platform. You will help us manage millions of concurrent contests, tens of thousands of concurrent drafts, and critical user-facing orchestration layers. Sound good to you? Apply today!
What youll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
- Develop systems and APIs that power a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate group of users every day.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moments notice.
- Were constantly growing and forming new teams; you will be able to lead either as an engineer or transition into a manager role.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 3+ years of development experience in object-oriented programming using languages such as C# or Java.
- Strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles.
- 1+ years of relational database experience including schema design and SQL.
- Experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests.
- Experience writing distributed systems in a Cloud Computing environment such as AWS is strongly preferred.
- Ability to grow other engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build whats next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.