Were in the middle of a sea-change, as we move from the home-grown, monolithic approaches that have served us well for a long time--but that weve outgrown--to a world that will let our engineers move faster. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us continue to drive to a highly scalable, agile, CI/CD environment.
That world looks like a best-in-class, standardized approach with decoupled systems, isolated build pipelines, and containers deployed on Kubernetes. Theres a ton to do, and we want your help!
If you are looking for a challenging environment with a big chance to grow as a DevOps practitioner in a large-scale environment and a chance to create world-class business impact by joining at the precise moment that our environment is hitting significant scale, then this is the place for you.
What youll do:
- Architect/Design and create intuitive development tooling for thousands of engineers and tens of thousands of servers in a hybrid environment
- Help grow other engineers technically by mentoring, pairing, and developing other opportunities for education
- Advocate for best practices in continuous integration, continuous deployment, automated testing, and automated deployment orchestration
- Research industry trends and innovations to identify opportunities to make our own products and platforms even better
What youll need:
- Experience working on build/deploy automation with strong CI/CD principles
- An understanding of the role that configuration management software performs in a modern DevOps environment and experience working with it (Puppet, Ansible) from the software development side
- Familiarity with core software engineering principles such as SOLID, TDD, etc and flexibility to work in different languages.
- A passionate interest in growing large-scale, loosely-coupled ecosystems that deliver value and keep delivering value greater than the sum of their parts
- Nice-to-have: Experience with Kubernetes and related technologies--you know their tradeoffs, where they shine and where challenges lie
- Nice-to-have: Working competency in designing and writing hybrid distributed systems using Go
- Nice-to-have: Experience with third party build-and-release products used by Wayfair: BuildKite, GitLab CI, Octopus, Jenkins/Blue Ocean and/or experience administering a Git server instance (GitHub/GitLab)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.