6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. Were revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer at 6RS, you will be responsible for developing, designing and validating electro-mechanical systems, including circuit boards, firmware, motion control systems, sensors and battery power systems. You will be expected to have a firm grasp of every element required for electro-mechanical product development, including concept generation, design, analysis, prototyping, test/verification, and transition to manufacturing. You may also lead junior engineers or consultants to help accelerate the development process.
In this position, you will:
- Work together with Product, Software and Manufacturing teams to define detailed product engineering requirements and develop designs that meet or exceed those requirements.
- Develop, prototype and characterize new sensors, actuators, and control systems.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory and safety standards.
- Apply industry best practices to the design, prototyping, test & validation, and manufacturing of cutting-edge robotic systems.
- Inspire and mentor a talented team of engineers through technical leadership and experience.
Were looking for a candidate with:
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (MS preferred), or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated success delivering complex electromechanical systems including industrial automation equipment, robots or similar systems that combine motion control, integration of multiple sensors and power electronics.
- Demonstrated experience bringing multiple electromechanical products from concept to production.
- Familiarity with relevant standards for machine safety and EMI/EMC compliance.
- Proficiency in embedded programming, including C and Python.
- Experience with Linux.
- Familiarity with control systems and PCB design.
- A strong portfolio of relevant design experience.
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.