Senior Technical Product Manager, Data Science
Wayfairs Algorithms & Analytics team creates data science powered products to inform key business decisions.
Wayfairs Pricing & Profitability Algorithms team leverages data and technology to hit financial goals and optimize our value offering to customers. The team develops algorithms and tools that optimize and manage profit, revenue, and price perception. Using best-in-class approaches across machine learning, economics and statistics, team members work to understand complex market phenomena, and inform pricing, product assortment and recommendations. A continuous flow of experiments ensures deeper insight and refinement of these tools and algorithms.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager for our Profitability Algorithms Team. The Profitability Algorithms team creates decision frameworks, data artifacts and tools to create a profit aware Wayfair Marketplace and effectively guide business strategies and decision-making across Wayfair. Our Algorithms build predictions and understanding of Cost and Profit and vend these predictions to Wayfairs Commercial Systems across Pricing, Storefront, Marketing, Promotions and many more. This is a highly cross functional role that will require technical acumen coupled with great communication and stakeholder management skills.
What You'll Do
- Establish the vision, strategy and roadmap for our data science powered applications
- Translate high-level business projects into detailed technical deliverables, and manage projects to completion by working with your Data Science & Engineering teams.
- Partner with key stakeholders including Pricing & Profitability, Supply Chain, Promotions, and Category Management to develop a cohesive strategy for a variety of high impact business problems.
- Act as subject-matter expert on all data science systems and technologies to non-technical stakeholders.
- As a member of our Product leadership team, you will help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, external speaking/context generation.
What Youll Need
- 5+ years of Product Management experience ideally with Data Science powered products.
- Experience working with large data sets and building & deploying SaaS applications in a public cloud environment (GCP, Azure etc)
- Demonstrated experience with data science processes including ETL, modeling, evaluation, deployment & monitoring/supporting at scale
- Experience working with machine learning data scientists and managing agile sprints for a team of engineers.
- Strong written and verbal communication and a demonstrated ability to influence internal teams and senior management to generate consensus.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or a related quantitative or technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Advanced degree such as an MS/PhD or MBA preferred but not required.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.